1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Movies you like but everybody else hates

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Apr 27, 2010.

1. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Probably had more to do with an unfathomable crush on Costner than anything else. I have bizarre taste in men.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

So you're the one.

One of the worst movies I have ever seen.

3. JNEWFIFTY

JNEWFIFTY Member

Escape from L.A....Anyone? Anyone at all?

4. Double J

Double J Active Member

Um, yeah.

I like Mike Myers (or, I used to). I love hockey. I love the Toronto Maple Leafs (although if you ever tell anybody I said that, I'll deny it). This movie was a complete and total retch-fest. A waste of celluloid, not to mention the talents (or lack thereof) of everyone involved in any aspect whatsoever. Myers absolutely deserves to have no career left after that poor, poor excuse for a film.

5. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

Fired Up

It's my totally guilty pleasure. Love that stupid movie.

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

The best acting job ever was when Cook and Archuleta acted like Love Guru was busting their gut

7. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Given the vortex of suck around the Leafs, that movie was surely doomed once Mike Myers decided to put them in it.

8. Double J

Double J Active Member

The only funny thing was the way the logos of the Leafs and Kings murdered one another after each game of the Cup Final. It was a rip-off of something Fox used to do when it had the hockey rights in the '90s, but it was funny.

Oh, wait. There was at least one other funny moment. It happened when Myers picked a bar fight after telling a guy in a really ugly cowboy hat, "I used to have a hat like that. And then my mom got a job." I did laugh at that. :D

9. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Never saw the Postman, but never understood the hate for Waterworld. Also he was so good in Robin Hood he didn't even need an english accent. Loved both movies.

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Mike Myers should not be allowed to make any movies that don't start with Wayne's, Shrek or Austin in the title.

11. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Hackers.

12. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I'm working my way through the 'Phantasm' series over the past few days.
    'Phantasm III' is on the bill for tonight. GF is less than thrilled with this.

Draft saved Draft deleted