1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Movies you like but everybody else hates

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Apr 27, 2010.

1. Mr. Sluggo

Mr. Sluggo Active Member

Terry Bradshaw's best flick!

2. The book is definitely a much better use of the concept. I love how it's written pretty authentically in the style of an ancient travelogue like Ibn Fadlan actually created, too. Apparently, everything up to the part where he leaves with the vikings after witnessing the funeral is a pretty accurate retelling of Ibn Fadlan's actual writings.

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

And the movie doesn't touch on what I thought is the most interesting premise of the book - encounters between sapiens and neatherthal with in recorded times: How might the two species coexist on the outskirts of the known world and how might the stories of the encounters be related through history/myth?

4. Double J

Double J Active Member

He and Mel Tillis were good together in "Cannonball Run."

5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Cannibal Holocaust.

:-\

6. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

My wife loves Hooper, and she is the least likely fan of Burt Reynolds movies.

7. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

One more for the Burt Reynold cannon - Heat.

A buddy of mine and I love this movie and still quote Nick Escalante, master of edged weapons 20 years later.

8. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Sorry about that. Stupid quote function. I meant Butterfly Effect.

9. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

LOVE some Smokey and The Bandit. Named my cats Smokey and The Bandit, as evidenced by my avatar. He's the only animal that could ever pull off the first name The, and he does it well.
    Awesome movie!

10. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Speaking of Crichton, I was sorely disappointed when I watched Timeline last night. It's like they took his book and ran it through the stoopid machine a couple of times.

12. MightyMouse

MightyMouse Member

Yes! Sho-nuff, the Shogun of Harlem!
    Don't get me wrong, it's a bad, bad movie, but that doesn't mean I don't like it.

Draft saved Draft deleted