1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Movies you know by heart

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by ArnoldBabar, Sep 9, 2007.

1. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Animal House
    Raising Arizona
    Big Lebowski
    Fast Times at Ridgemont High
    High Anxiety
    This Is Spinal Tap
    Office Space
    Swingers

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Why? That's quality cinema there. How can you not enjoy that movie? When the castle is repossessed and Blinken is still on the pot ... "Be right out." Oh, man. I wish I owned the DVD. I'd watch it tonight.

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

It's my kind of humor. My friends and I used to quote it relentlessly through high school. Now, whenever it's on ABC Family, I call up my buddy or message him, and we spend two hours doing the same.

4. MartinEnigmatica

MartinEnigmatica Active Member

Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back.

Snoochie Boochies, baby.

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I know a lot of that movie, but not enough to say "by heart." Smith's movies are fantastic.

7. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Sirs, Madames,

The Right Stuff. "F-ckin' A, Bubba." "My name Jose Jimenez ..." "... a whole new ball game ..." "Who's the best fighter jock you ever saw, c'mon, c'mon, you're lookin' at him ..." "What Gus is sayin' is ..." "There's a demon that lives out in the air ..." "And for six days Gordo Coope.r flew higher ... and farther ... and faster than any man ..."

In the Heat of the Night. I got the motive which is robbery and the body which is dead ... No sympathy, no thank-u ... What do they call you in Philadelphia, boy?

The Verdict. "Frank, lissen to me, lissen to me 'cause I'm done f-ckin' with ya, this case is a money-maker." "Concannon, he's a good man." "A good man, he's the Prince of F-ckin' Darkness" "I know about you. You were a bagman for the boys downtown and you still are."

YHS, etc

8. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Are you kidding? Casablanca.

If that plane leaves the ground and you're not on it, you'll regret it. Maybe not today, maybe nor tomorrow, but soon and for the rest of your life. Ilsa, I'm no good at being noble, but it doesn't take much to see that the problems of three little people don't amount to a hill of beans in this crazy world. ...

Don't get me started.

We'll always have Paris.

9. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Oh, and I know a lot of the Holy Grail. Not so much Blazing Saddles, but I do remember a great line that I meant to include on that underrated movie lines thread: ``Piss on you, I'm workin' for Mel Brooks!''

10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

PCU
    Pulp Fiction
    Star Wars
    Office Space
    and Almost Famous (the movie I watch every time this shitty ass business has me beaten to within an inch of quitting)

11. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Tommy Boy
    Major League (and ML 2)
    Getting close on Team America: World Police ("America, Fuck ya!")

12. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

First and foremost, Major League.

Then:
    O'Brother
    Tin Cup
    Shawshank
    Snatch
    Caddyshack

And while it's been years since I've seen Men in Tights, it's quality stuff.

Draft saved Draft deleted