1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Movies you know by heart

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by ArnoldBabar, Sep 9, 2007.

1. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Yeah, I'd wager I've seen the five on my list a minimum of 100 times.

And Slappy, if you can't even remember the title of the seventh, I don't have faith in your ability to remember the entire script. :D

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Shit, ditto. As MU can attest to. :D

3. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I know the key lines of Heathers, but even then I don't have them word for word. I always have to google the script.

Love it. Haven't memorized it.

4. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

Mean Girls
    Clueless
    Ferris Bueller's Day Off
    The Wedding Singer

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Major League, Major League 2, Robin Hood: Men In Tights, Happy Gilmore, Billy Madison, The Wedding Singer, Clerks, Mallrats, Chasing Amy and Tommy Boy.

I watched everything but the Kevin Smith movies all the time during high school, then added the rest while in college. I used to fall asleep watching them, and I can recite all of them line by line.

6. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Field of Dreams. Eight Men Out. Major League. Bull Durham.

Caddyshack. The Untouchables. Slap Shot. Pulp Fiction.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Slapshot.. that was the seventh,,,

8. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Oh, yeah. And Bull Durham.

9. ArnoldBabar

Wow, when you get to the Pearly Gates, you're going to have to answer for Robin Hood: Men in Tights.

And IJAG, don't feel bad, it just means you might have an actual life. Or that you spent valuable movie memorization time on here with this bunch of idiots.

10. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Are you ripping on Robin Hood: Men in Tights. I don't think I can stand for that.

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Animal House
    Blazing Saddles
    Shawshank
    Ferris Bueller
    All 3 Godfathers (although I have to fudge a bit on III)

3/6 Star Wars (IV, VI and III. Pretty close on V and II. Happily, nowhere near on I).

Probably 4 of the 10 Star Treks: II, IV, V and First Contact (was that IX??)

Dirty Harry (the original); The Enforcer (Tyne Daly) and The Dead Pool, mostly.

Lethal Weapons I and II. A little shaky on the last two.

Armageddon and Independence Day. Pass the cheese whiz.

My Cousin Vinny.

Clerks I and Clerks II

The Grapes of Wrath

Field of Dreams, Bull Durham, Major League I. Eight Men Out.

That Thing You Do!, Kingdom of Heaven, Batman Begins and Superman Returns, through sheer cable repetition in the last 3-4 months.

Apollo 13.

Many, many many others. Once I see a movie 3-4 times, I pretty much have it.

12. ArnoldBabar

OK, RH:MIT was amusing, but not a classic on par with the other films mentioned here. I think it would begin to annoy me long before I got to the point of having it memorized.

Draft saved Draft deleted