1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MOVIES THREAD

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by alleyallen, Feb 14, 2007.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I can't get a handle on my tastes either.

What did you like about it? Character development? Beauty of the movie? casting?

2. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

It was just a simple, hopeful story about people's inherent decency. And I've always liked Jenkins, who is perfect for the role.

3. imjustagirl

I don't think I've ever seen Jenkins in anything. I'll watch it, but it may not be until Wednesday on my day off. Thanks!

4. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Yeah, except for "Six Feet Under," he's most just been a character actor. He's one of those guys who pops up in everything but never as the star.

5. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I just saw the second half of this movie and was pleasantly surprised. Cheesy, yet some hilarious scenes as well.

6. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Oh man, that movie sucked my ass. I'm a fan of almost everything Will Farrell has done but, good god, did that one stink.

7. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I liked when the Flint cops tipped over their own cop car in celebration. Made me think of Sparty.

8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

9. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

You really want to like Leatherheads, and excepting some seven minutes of it, it won't let you.

10. imjustagirl

My god, I watched it last night and that was my EXACT thought. How much I wanted to like it (love Clooney, like Krasinski) but god do I hate Zellweger.

11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

She utterly destroyed Appaloosa.

12. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Draft saved Draft deleted