1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MOVIES THREAD

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by alleyallen, Feb 14, 2007.

1. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

Well, he was one of my favourites on SNL, so in my opinion, he is good at something.

2. BRoth

BRoth Member

Plus, the ladies (well, maybe teenage/college) love him. He's dreamy?

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

What's the best movie you've seen this year?

I think it's been a pretty weak year, but I would vote for Zodiac or The Lookout...

Hot Fuzz is the best comedy...

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I'm really looking forward to the new Cronenberg "Eastern Promises" and the new Haggis fllick starring Robert Duval, "Valley of Elah".

5. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

Yeah, Eastern Promises is on my must see list.

Has anyone seen the movie Brooklyn Rules? Would you recommend it?

6. BRoth

BRoth Member

Hot Fuzz was definitely my favorite comedy. Timothy Dalton was fantastic in that movie. Honestly, Hot Fuzz is probably among my top 10 favorites. I cried in the theater from laughing so hard.

7. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I want to see Valley of Elah, too.

8. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Hot Fuzz would be my number one comedy as well. Once would be my number one overall. Movies I want to see: 3:10 to Yuma and American Gangster. There's other but those are the ones off the top of my head.

9. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

best movie thus far: ratatouille
    best comedy thus far: superbad

10. BRoth

BRoth Member

I would have to say that Hot Fuzz, Superbad and Knocked Up could all be considered top comedies. We've still got one more big one coming, though: Walk Hard. That should be another Apatow gem.

But, let's not forget Wild Hogs!

11. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Here's a pretty good round-up from TIFF

http://www.thestar.com/Article/257084

If you're a serious film buff you know that the Toronto Festival is second only to Cannes in terms of importance.

And, from the notes:

MOST PERSONABLE STARS

Mark Ruffalo, Tom Cavanagh, Woody Allen, Matt Damon, Jennifer Garner, Maria Bello, Hayley Atwell, Cate Blanchett, Patricia Clarkson, Emily Mortimer – all of them were friendly, funny and seemingly delighted to be at the festival.

GRUMPIEST STARS

Tommy Lee Jones, Sean Penn, Joaquin Phoenix, Keira Knightley. Jones was a bear in interviews for In The Valley of Elah, Penn was openly hostile to reporters at a news conference for Into the Wild, Phoenix behaved erratically during the press junket for Reservation Road and even cut the day short, and Knightley was prickly and defensive promoting Atonement and Silk.

12. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Hell I could have not even gone to the TFF and told who the assholes were going to be.

Draft saved Draft deleted