1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MOVIES THREAD

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by alleyallen, Feb 14, 2007.

1. BRoth

BRoth Member

Good call. It seems like there's at least five new threads a week on movies.

2. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

Bravo. Thanks Ragu. You're not half bad. Well, maybe 52 percent.

Worth nothing, or maybe not, I met my wife nine years ago in a Yahoo chat room designed exclusively for movie quote trivia. We had a crew of folks who were daily visitors. One person created a Web site featuring bios and photos of each of us. I believe the place still exists, but I only communicate with one person who still visits the chat room.

3. lisa_simpson

lisa_simpson Active Member

MSN Movies is doing pretty thorough coverage of TIFF, and their reviewer gives Into the Wild very high marks: http://msn.movies.com/TIFF07

4. HeinekenMan

Okay. I've actually done a fair amount of searching, and I've read the posts at least three times. What in God's green earth is TIFF?

5. BRoth

BRoth Member

I'm assuming it's the Toronto International Film Festival

6. HeinekenMan

Ah, thanks a bunch. I was hopelessly lost.

On the bright side, I now know what the file extension stands for.

7. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Went to see "Shoot 'em Up" last week. Loved it to death, some of the most amazing stunts you'll see, and some great lines.

Clive Owen is very impressive, as is Paul Giamatti.

8. BRoth

BRoth Member

I think that both Pail Giamatti and I have been waiting for that role to come along for him to play a psychopathic/crazy/funny(?) killer/hitman.

The movie isn't playing near me, but the second it comes to town, I'm getting a ticket. I saw a couple of the scenes they put in online advertisements and it's just insane. I'm hoping for Crank, but with more gunplay.

9. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Anyone planning on seeing "Eastern Promises?" I've only read good reviews.

10. MartinEnigmatica

MartinEnigmatica Active Member

Outside magazine did a really fascinating interview with the key players - Penn, the kid's family, etc - involved with Into the Wild. It's actually a pretty crazy story how it came to Penn making the film, and well worth the read:

http://outside.away.com/outside/culture/200709/into-the-wild-movie-1.html

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Just saw "Shoot Em' Up" and it took me about 10 minutes to realize it was a farce. Don't know if I'll be able to see an action movie without thinking of this parody. Nobody does indignant outrage better than Giamatti.

12. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

According to Owen, there are talks about making a sequel.

Obviously Giamatti wouldn't be back, but hopefully Monica Bellucci would be. Even if she isn't, I'd go and see it for Owen alone. The man's an excellent actor.

Draft saved Draft deleted