1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MOVIES THREAD

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by alleyallen, Feb 14, 2007.

1. BRoth

BRoth Member

Re: Movie Thread

I just watched Talladega Nights for about the fifth or sixth time. It pisses excellence.

2. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

Looking at all the threads about movies, I thought it might be a good idea to make a movie thread so we can just keep posting here.

I am going to see an advance screening of Across the Universe which opens Friday and I have heard the movie is great. Has anyone heard anything about it? I will be seeing the Assassination of Jesse James before it comes out too. Anything with Brad Pitt.

Even though the film fest is going on in Toronto, the Atlantic Film Fest starts this week with approx 244 movies. Gordon Pinsent is supposed to be at one of the screenings and there are supposed to be some surprise guests.

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I go to the movies so infrequently. What is out right now that is any good? What did you like about it?

4. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

Man, there is NOTHING out there good right now. The past two weekends, I've had a chance, schedule-wise to catch a movie and checked the listings. Nothing appealed.

That will all change soon, as Oscar-bait season opens.

That Jesse James, movie, FWIW, has been sitting on the shelf for a long, long time, which is usually a bad sign.

5. I've been waiting to see Across The Universe for months.

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I asked Moddy or any Power-That -Be to sticky a movie thread a while ago since it's one of the more popular topics around here.

Well, other than, "What Song are you Listening To?" and Hondo's latest "The Muslims are going to Kill us" threads.

And now that TIFF has been up and running for almost a week now, it's clear that a lot of good flicks are coming down the pipe in the next few months.

7. John

John Well-Known Member

I can't wait for Into the Wild to come out on Sept. 21.

The Jon Krakauer book was outstanding and Sean Penn wrote and directed the film. Eddie Vedder wrote a bunch of music for the soundtrack.

I always worry about seeing the movie version of a book that I love, but I think this is going to be good.

8. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

And the No. 1 Movie of 2008 will be...

IRONMAN

You heard it here first. Mark it down and take it to the bank.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/ironman/medium_trailer.html

9. BRoth

BRoth Member

Re: And the No. 1 Movie of 2008 will be...

Saw the trailer last night. Watched it multiple times. F'n fantastic. I really like the fact that Jon Favreau appears to let Robert Downey Jr. keep his quick-wit humor.

But, just FYI, I'd say Dark Knight does better in hype and box office.

10. Re: And the No. 1 Movie of 2008 will be...

I bet Indy takes in more than Iron Man. And I think The Dark Knight outduels them all, going away.

11. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Re: And the No. 1 Movie of 2008 will be...

Trailer looked good, but I doubt if 'Iron Man' will even be the top grossing movie of the month. That will likely be 'Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.'

And 'The Dark Knight' I'm guessing tops 'em both.

edit: beat me to it, scribe

12. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I'm merging a few movies threads, because there seem to be enough of them, and I am going to sticky it and see if it can be a catch-all like the Books and Music threads... Let's see if it works. If there isn't a ton of interest, I'll unsticky it...

Draft saved Draft deleted