1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Movies that hold up

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Columbo, Jul 3, 2006.

1. I have a serious time-machine crush on Olivia -- not equal to the ones I have on Rita Hayworth and Ingrid Bergman, but a serious one nonetheless -- but she's a boring bag of home-and-hearth virtues in this movie. And couldn't she just once have beaned Scarlett with a frypan or something?
    And Thomas Mitchell is the most annoying stereotypical Irishman this side of that damned leprechaun in South Bend.

2. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

A crazy alcoholic Irishman? It's not stereotypical if it's the truth! :D

3. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Yeah, those darn anachronisms. I mean, they should have edited out the mentions of slavery and racial inequality during the 1860s.

4. http://www.proflowchumbuckets.com/

No thanks, dickhead. I've already had lunch.

5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

"It ain't fittin' . . . it ain't fittin' . . . . . . . . . . . it ain't fittin'."

Hattie was awesome.   

. . . and since I wrote a goodly portion of that script, I WILL defend my own . . .

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Were you watching the updated versions, though? The changes are pretty small in the last two movies, but hard to miss in the original.

It holds up either way. Just curious.

7. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Jaws holds up extraordinarily well considering the mechanical shark didn't work half the time.

8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

'Cool Hand Luke' and 'The Sting'
    I love both movies, especially the former.
    I watch them every time I come across them on TV.

Draft saved Draft deleted