1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Movies in the pipeline

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by alleyallen, Jul 16, 2007.

1. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Looking forward to Beowulf coming out. I think it's this year though.

2. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

This isn't coming out until 2009, but Seth Rogen writing AND starring in The Green Hornet?!!!! Maybe this belongs on the Geek Thread.

From Rotten Tomatoes:

3. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

4. Cracker

Cracker Guest

I won't lie... I'm curious to see how Rob Zombie's "Halloween" works out.

5. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

We've been promised "The Assassination of Jesse James" for about a year now. Is it Brad Pitt fatigue? It's gonna get beaten to the screen by "3:10 to Yuma," the Russell Crowe western I saw the trailer for two weeks ago.
    What happened to "James'" Casey Affleck and the hype that this movie will make him a bigger star than his brother? And I've been looking forward to seeing just what Garret Dillahunt can do on a big screen.

6. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Special Topics in Calamity Physics is being made into a movie as well.
    The director who did Half Nelson will be in charge.
    No word on who will play Blue or Gareth Van Meer, but I got money on Eric Roberts and his real-life daugther.

7. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

All the early reviews have pointed to "Hell yes"

8. NO, no, no and a thousand times no! Seth is a funny guy, but I don't want the Hornet relegated to a comedy/parody.

9. I realize this thread is over a year old, but it's looking more and more like this is actually going to happen.

Like you say, Mr. Reid, Rogen is a pretty funny guy (though his act is wearing kind of thin), but I will NEVER forgive him if he fucks up the Green Hornet.

Draft saved Draft deleted