1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Movies for a road trip?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by heyabbott, Mar 29, 2013.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Going on a week long road trip to Charleston, Columbia SC, Burlington, NC and Blacksburg VA, College Tour.

I have Almost Famous and Cool Hand Luke in the ipad. Have seen Avengers too often to take with me, same with Pleasantville and Full Metal Jacket. Thats the extent of my itunes movie collection,

I have Skyfall in VUDU, whateverthefuckthatis, but it needs a wifi connection to play.

Have room for 2 or 3 more movies and looking for suggestions, no tearjerkers or horror movies and I've seen all the Oscar movies this year.

Thanks

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Just make sure you stop and eat at a Cookout somewhere along the way. I know for a fact there's one in Blacksburg. I ate there last Friday. And get a shake. Actually, even if you're not hungry, stop for a shake. Cookouts are all over N.C. You shouldn't have a problem finding one.

3. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Hobbit? LOTR?
    Slapshot
    Growing up a hockey road trip always had to include Happy Gilmore

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

The Warriors. Let's see if you can make it back to Coney Island, or wherever you're trying to get back to, in one piece.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Death Race 2000.

6. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Slapshot
    Eight Men Out
    Debbie Does Dallas
    The Wall
    Pulp Fiction
    American History X

7. ColdCat

ColdCat Well-Known Member

National Lampoon's Vacation to get you in the road trip mood.
    and since this is a college road trip:

Animal House
    How I got into College (without really trying) [a movie that somewhat tangentially mentions my alma mater]
    Kicking and Screaming [the 1995 Noah Baumbach version about recent college grads, not the 2005 Will Ferrell version]

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Road trip movies

Joy Ride
    Smokey and the Bandit (Long way to go and a short time to get there)
    Breakdown

9. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

48 HRS.
    The Departed
    Mystic River

10. SoCalScribe

SoCalScribe Member

My advice would be to enjoy the trip and the disparate, constantly changing surroundings. Don't waste your time with some canned entertainment that you could watch at home.

Draft saved Draft deleted