1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Moviepass - Get One

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by qtlaw, Oct 17, 2017.

1. ICanRowCanoe?

ICanRowCanoe? Member

Yeah, I feel like we're racing against the clock here. Trying to cram in as many movies as I can before MoviePass goes under.

I do love going to the movies. This has been such a great deal.

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

It can crash and burn in January 2020 and I'll have gotten my money's worth if I don't go to another movie between now and then.

3. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Maybe I'm just a fanboi but what's not taking into account in the negative cash flow is the potential revenue from the data they are collecting on viewer habits and choices; how much, if anything, are the studios willing to pay for that data? Previously, that type of marketing data was worth hundreds of millions to the studios.

4. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Wife, daughter and me all got them as Christmas gifts. Daughter had used it a bunch of times, wife a couple of times. Tried mine for the first time today and the whole website was down. Daughter found some twitter posts that the site was having “technical difficulties.” Buy tickets and submit for refund. What a bunch of bull.

5. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Now $7/mo for a limited time.

6. TheSportsPredictor

7. ICanRowCanoe?

ICanRowCanoe? Member

I recently got an email from Movie Pass that I now have to take a picture of my ticket stub each time. I'm apparently part of a select group of users to have to do this. Not sure what the point is. Not a big deal, but kind of curious.

Starting over the next few days, each time you purchase a movie ticket with your MoviePass card, you will be asked to upload a photo of your ticket stub. This photo needs to be uploaded before you're able to purchase your next movie ticket through MoviePass. You'll be prompted to submit the photo of your ticket stub through the MoviePass app. This feature will help us better track user behavior and ensure that subscribers are abiding by our Terms of Use. We appreciate your cooperation as we test out this new process. If you fail to submit your ticket stub more than once, your account will be canceled and you'll be ineligible to sign up for a new MoviePass account.

Why was I chosen to be a part of this?
    Beta testing new features such as this is how we learn where we can adapt our app to be safer and more effective for our members. We hope you understand that as a randomly selected participant, we rely on your help and feedback.

8. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Any randomly selected "participant" should be allowed to opt out of "participating" at any time.

9. TheSportsPredictor

I received that email weeks ago. There was never anywhere on the app to upload the ticket stub picture. So I never had to do it.

10. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Bummer. At least those who have previously registered still get to see their one movie a day.

11. TheSportsPredictor

12. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I've been lax in using my pass, need to start going more (its best for older, less attractive movies).

Draft saved Draft deleted