1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Movie villains

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by PhilaYank36, Mar 20, 2007.

?

Heck, why not? Right?

1. Lex Luthor

1 vote(s)
    3.3%
  2. The Joker

3 vote(s)
    10.0%
  3. The Green Goblin

1 vote(s)
    3.3%
  4. The Terminator

1 vote(s)
    3.3%
  5. Magneto

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Hyman Roth

3 vote(s)
    10.0%
  7. Ray Finkle

2 vote(s)
    6.7%
  8. Ernest Starvo Blofeld

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Dr. Evil

1 vote(s)
    3.3%
  10. Hannibal Lector

3 vote(s)
    10.0%
  11. Ivan Drago

2 vote(s)
    6.7%
  12. Mystique

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. Catwoman

1 vote(s)
    3.3%
  14. Darth Vader

12 vote(s)
    40.0%
  1. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

[​IMG]

Lois Einhorn: Listen, pet dick. How would you like me to make your life a living hell?

Ace Ventura: Well, I'm not really ready for a relationship, Lois, but thank you for asking. Hey, maybe I'll give you a call sometime. Your number's still 911? All righty then.

2. Mr. Sluggo

Mr. Sluggo Active Member

Frank Booth? Where are you?

3. rallen13

rallen13 Member

Take a look at AFI's listing of the greatest 50 heroes/villians of the last 100 years. Hannibal is first, Norman Bates second, and Darth Vader 3rd. Rickman's "Hans Gruber" is 46th. My favorite is Caligula (portrayed by John Hurt), in "I, Claudius."

4. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I nominate the Scorpion, the supervillain who basically offed virtually every member of an expedition before Captain Marvel took care of business.

:D

Actually, Darth Vader has long been the best of the villains in my book. Truly evil and able to kill without actually touching someone. That would be my evil power.

5. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

They can rank Hans Gruber 46th, it's their list. Doesn't change the fact that he ranks in the top five on mine.

6. rallen13

rallen13 Member

Good call on your "Scorpion" pick, alleyallen. The only problem is, I'm probably the only othe one on SportsJournalists.com who knows who you are talking about.

Does this mean I'm getting old?

Good Lord! What a revoltin' development this is. (Bet nobody know who came up with that one either.) Alas and alack.

7. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

There are others on this board who MIGHT be as old as you, but I'm not sure.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Wouldn't that be blue-eyed Ben Grimm, a.k.a. The Thing, whose way with words goes well beyond, "It's clobberin' time!"

The only Scorpion I know of is the loser with the tail whose ass Spider-Man has been kicking for decades.

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

10. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Johnny Lawrence of the Cobra Kai and his sensei John Kreese have to be included.

"Sweep the leg. You have a problem with that?"

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I thought Rickman made that movie. Very memorable villain. A bad ass but with an unflappable style. You kind of root for him.

12. rallen13

rallen13 Member

Actually, outofplace, the comment was from the old TV show "The Life of Riley", starring William Bendix. He was a Ralph Kramden type of guy who always ended up screwing everything up with his kooky plans. At the end of each episode he would close with "What a revoltin' development this is!"

The Scorpion came from the B/W saturday matinee chapter serial "Captain Marvel" starring Tom Tyler. I am an old serial buff and have about half of the 256 sound serials made between 1933 and 1956. alleyallen grew up watching these serials and Captain Marvel is his favorite.

Draft saved Draft deleted