1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Movie/TV scene that makes you laugh every time

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TheHacker, Jun 17, 2011.

1. Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell

Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell Active Member

The Big Lebowski - The Dude and the Malibu police chief, the nihilists and the marmot, The Dude and the Eagles loving taxi driver, the Larry Sellers scene... Actually, pretty much this entire movie.

2. Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell

Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell Active Member

Oh, and the "Wha Happen?!" scene from A Mighty Wind

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Well, let me tell you something, funny boy. Y'know that little stamp, the one that says 'New York Public Library'? Well that may not mean anything to you, but that means a lot to me. One whole hell of a lot. Sure, go ahead, laugh if you want to. I've seen your type before: Flashy, making the scene, flaunting convention. Yeah, I know what you're thinking. What's this guy making such a big stink about old library books? Well, let me give you a hint, junior. Maybe we can live without libraries, people like you and me. Maybe. Sure, we're too old to change the world, but what about that kid, sitting down, opening a book, right now, in a branch at the local library and finding drawings of pee-pees and wee-wees on the 'Cat in the Hat' and the 'Five Chinese Brothers'? Doesn't HE deserve better? Look. If you think this is about overdue fines and missing books, you'd better think again. This is about that kid's right to read a book without getting his mind warped! Or: maybe that turns you on, Seinfeld; maybe that's how y'get your kicks. You and your good-time buddies. Well I got a flash for ya, joy-boy: Party time is over. Y'got seven days, Seinfeld. That is one week!

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Midway through It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World... Buddy Hackett and Mickey Rooney are trying to fly a plane and needs help from the tower crew of Paul Ford, Jesse White and Carl Reiner... deadpan stuff kust kills me.

Oh, the piefight from The Great Race

5. Quakes

Quakes Guest

"The sea was angry that day, my friends. Like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli."

6. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I can't believe this hasn't been mentioned yet!

"... and THEN??"

7. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Hot Shots!: Every time Lloyd Bridges explains a replacement for a body part he lost in battle

8. WolvEagle

WolvEagle Well-Known Member

This.

9. holy bull

holy bull Active Member

Oh, boy. Jonathan Winters trashing the gas station. Any scene with Dick Shawn in it.

"We tell 'em to hit the road, or we BEAT their brains in!"

10. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

While you're thinking about that, think about this ... The library closes at 5 o'clock — No exceptions!

11. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

12. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted