1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Movie/TV scene that makes you laugh every time

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TheHacker, Jun 17, 2011.

1. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Nick Brophy and the fashion show scenes in Slap Shot.

2. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Man, I'd a been there in a heartbeat! Seeing this at the theatre (yeah, I'm THAT old) was one of the more indelible experiences of my life.

3. TheHacker

TheHacker Member

My favorite from Seinfeld indirectly involves the Donger from Sixteen Candles. In "The Checks" Gedde Watanabe played one of three Japanese tourists who Kramer befriends and eventually takes in after he talks them into blowing all of their money on crap. And he has them sleeping in an oversized chest of drawers. George hatches this idea that the Japanese guys can be a focus group to sell their stupid "Jerry" pilot to the Japanese TV network.

The night before the big meeting, the Japanese guys and Kramer get drunk in Kramer's living room hot tub, and the next morning George runs into Kramer on the street before the meeting asks where the guys are. Kramer says, "I don't know, George, they had a lot of sake in that hot tub."

George races to a pay phone (man, that show is old now) and calls Jerry, frantically beginning the conversation with, "The Japanese guys had sake in the hot tub!"

That line always kills me ... but then he goes on: "Ya gotta get over to Kramer's and get 'em outta the drawers and down here in the next 10 minutes, otherwise we don't have a focus group to sell the pilot to Japanese TV!"

Jerry says: "Uncle Leo?"

George repeatedly slams the receiver against the phone booth.

Love that scene.

4. shockey

shockey Active Member

perhaps the MOST CLASSIC comedic scene in television history, imo. ;D 8) 8) ;D

5. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Alex Baldwin's scene-stealer in "Glengarry Glen Ross" makes me laugh every time.

Not because it's funny – although it is – but because he's so damned good.

6. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

The scene near the end of "The Cosby Show" pilot when Cliff has his talk with Theo about his poor report card. Cosby does a great job doing his financial lesson with the Monopoly money, but the real great moment was when Theo makes his little speech about hoping his parents will be proud of him even if he doesn't have a lucrative job. At that point, you hear an "aaaah!" in the audience and thinking (remember this was the pilot) this will just be the standard touching moment between family members at the end of an episode. Instead, we get Cliff addressing Theo with a solemn "Son..." and then "That's the DUMBEST thing I've ever heard in my life!"

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Was Turgison Sam Kinison's character?

"He really seems to care. About what? I have no idea."

8. JonnyD

JonnyD Member

The scene in Arrested Development where George Michael has a crush on his teacher, and Lindsay (his aunt) mistakes it for wanting her as a mom and goes on about how she'd be willing to fill that role in his life.

9. The "Serpentine!" scene from the original "The In-Laws" with Alan Arkin and Peter Falk.

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Yep.

"SAY IT! SAY IT!"

11. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

"Excuse me, stewardess, I speak jive."

"Hanrahan, your wife sucks pussy."

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

"You can't say Goddam on the air!"

"Aw, Christ, no one's listening to us anyways."