1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Movie star with the fewest strikeouts

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Dec 26, 2008.

1. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

hoffman

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I really liked Joe Versus the Volcano.

3. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Four Best Picture nods from the five or six he made? Just try to top John Cazale's batting average.

4. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Panned by most critics. Bombed at the box office. But, yes, it's a very good film, IMHO.

5. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

A Tom Hanks or Harrison Ford movie is about safest movie a person could make.

6. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Evil set the bar at 10 films. And while I agree that Cazale was an excellent actor, he was mainly a supporting actor and sadly died before his prime.

7. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

How many bad Hackman films are there? Put one hand in your pocket.

8. Chef

Chef Active Member

Eastwood, Clint.

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Hanks has Ladykillers, The Terminal and Charlie Wilson's War on his list. I loved Charlie Wilson's War, but I don't think it did much box office. The other two were awful.

10. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I disagree. Box office means shit. If a movie has a half-decent marketing campaign, the lemmings will turn out regardless of how crappy it is.

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

DiCaprio would have to be on this list.

Aviator, The Departed, Gangs of NY, Titanic, Gilbert Grape, Catch Me if You Can, Blood Diamond...

He's had a few misses (Body of Lies) but they're rare.

12. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

A good way to gauge this is over at Boxofficemojo.com. They provide some rankings: http://www.boxofficemojo.com/people/?view=Actor&sort=sumgross&p=.htm

Eddie Murphy is still No. 1 all-time, which is really sad considering the level his career has descended to. Tom Hanks, Harrison Ford, Morgan Freeman and Robin Williams round out the top five.

Draft saved Draft deleted