1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Movie scenes you just can't watch

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rumpleforeskin, Sep 8, 2010.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Ok, so I'm not the only one who can't stand to watch that scene. Good to know.

dooley makes a good point. There are all kinds of scenes from stuff like Hostel and Saw that would make this list for me.

Honestly, anything with a child being hurt or killed is very hard for me to watch and has been since my daughter was born.

2. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I know it was a TV show, not a movie, but I'll be damned if I know why I subjected myself to Oz every week. That fucking show kept me awake at night.

3. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

I've seen J.K. Simmons in plenty of other stuff since then... stuff he probably did before Oz, like Law & Order, etc. But he'll always be Schillinger from Oz to me.

When he comes out to the mound in For Love of the Game, I half expected him to shank Kevin Costner.

Speaking of baseball style movies, there's nothing in The Rookie I can't watch.. it's just that the whole Disney-based premise is moronic. A baseball coach and former pitcher can't tell that he's throwing hard? Seriously?

4. cyclingwriter

cyclingwriter Active Member

Same here.
    I will throw out an obscure one that still freaks me out. The train scene at the end of the Tombs of the Blind Dead. They show nothing, but the blood-covered little girl crying.

5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

The entirety of Cannibal Holocaust.

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Toward the end of "Starship Troopers," when the bug taps into the guy's skull and sucks his brain out. Seeing his eyes roll back in his head and the little bits of brain going up the tube gives me the heebie-jeebies just thinking about it.

7. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

"All That Jazz" when they start the open heart surgery procedure.

"Catch-22" when the guys guts are flowing out of his body.

8. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Me too ... the sound of the teeth on the curb sends shivers every time.

9. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Misery. Sledgehammer. I'm cringing just thinking about it.

10. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Come and See (Russian WWII film). There's a part near the end where the Nazis load all of these villagers into a church and burn it with the doors locked. Children are escaping out the windows and the soldiers throw them back in. I believe real flamethrowers and live ammunition were used as well.

There's also a young girl who is sort of a love interest of the boy who the film centers around. She is taken away and raped repeatedly (they don't show it). What they do show is her stumbling down the street after the soldiers leave with blood dripping down her thighs.

Then the intensity is ratcheted up into revenge paranoia. Boy sees a picture of Hitler on the ground and starts to shoot it...meanwhile the whole of WWII in black and white is quickly replayed in reverse.

It's like a punch in the jaw.

11. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

The scene in The Green Mile when they kill the mouse.

12. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

I'm with Dieditor. I know it's just actors, and I still have to turn my head. Chilling. And the hobbling scene in Misery isn't far behind. Good thread.

Draft saved Draft deleted