1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Movie scenes that make you cry

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Aug 29, 2007.

1. Heck, I just got kind of teary-eyed just thinking of that scene. I love that show.

Movies: In "The Godfather," when Vito goes to the undertaker to get his favor -- making Sonny look presentable to his mother after being killed.

Oh, and pretty much any scene from "Love Actually" or any sports movie, including "The Mighty Ducks" trilogy.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

You may just become expendable...

3. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Watching Monsters Inc. with the little one makes me gulp hard.

4. Unibomber

Unibomber Member

Forrest meets his son ... tears running a bit
    Forrest at grave ... full runnage
    Forrest puts son on bus and tells him not to let anyone make him feel bad ... ITS OVER, ITS ALL OVER

Imagine this, though. When Forrest places the note on Jennie's grave and says he won't read it because little Forrest didnt want him too. Imagine how hard we all would've cried had he read that note from his boy to his dead wife. Thank god they saved us from that.

Also, Field of Dreams -- every damn time, it doesnt matter.

5. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Yep, gets me every time.

6. the scene where Toomer dies in The Great Santini is always brutal

7. BigDog

BigDog Active Member

There's this one scene in Anal Adventure 18 that has me running for Kleenex. [/boots]

8. WScribblySh

WScribblySh Member

Amen, brother. My wife always looks over to me and says, "You crying yet?"

"It's a Wonderful Life": When the Building & Loan customers show up to give what they can.

"For Love of the Game": There's something about Costner pitching in the ninth, with St. Vin at the mike.

"The Rookie": When Jimmy is told by the Triple-A manager that he's being called up.

And "My Life": The entire damn movie.

9. HC

HC Well-Known Member

When they sing "Could we start again please" in Jesus Christ Superstar.

Cyrano's death in the Depardieu version.

Tony's death scene in "West Side Story". Maria holding the gun asking "How many bullets are there, Chino? How many can I kill and still have one left for me?"

"White Christmas" when the General is surprised by his old troops (all of whom can sing well, oddly) singing "We'll follow the old man".

I'm a total sap. I cried at "Home Alone". Granted, I saw it during the first Christmas season I spent alone but I was 29, damn it. :-\

10. MartinEnigmatica

MartinEnigmatica Active Member

Edward Scissorhands. That Johnny Depp, he a-make-a me cry!

No, seriously, one from my childhood. It was this obscure movie called Chips the War Dog. I think the plot was that a guy and his canine endure a tour of duty in WWII. And then at the end, they have to be separated, and as an 8-year-old, that killed me. A guy needs his best friend, you know.

11. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Every second from the point Amy Magidan's dialogue in the film ceases.

Crescendo with Costner's single, great moment of acting, when his face contorts and he poses that question.

12. YUP

And here's more:

Love Actually, Liam Neeson's wife's funeral
    The Notebook, the whole fucking thing
    Field of Dreams, Duh.
    Forrest Gump, a lot of it, particularly Jenny's funeral
    Stand by Me, the ending
    Friday night lights, Billingsly's dad (Tim McGraw) slips on his HS champ ring...I miss HS football too much

So many more...

EDIT:

Add on to that the ending of Jerry Maguire: And Jerry Maguire...my agent...you are my ambassador of quan, man

Draft saved Draft deleted