1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Movie plot holes

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Apr 24, 2021.

1. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Maybe I'm misremembering, but ... on the last green, Lou says the match is all square. Judge Smails pulls the Billy Baroo and makes his putt. Ty Webb tells Danny that if he misses, they lose. But since he made it, wouldn't the match still be tied?

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  2. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

When Danny is reading his putt, didn't Al or Ty yell over to Judge and say, "Double or nothing he makes this putt"?

Then Smails says yes, effectively making the match moot and making all the money ride on Danny's putt.

3. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Even in 1989, who was this mystery person calling about a set of white walls?

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  4. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Yes, OK. I thought I was forgetting something in there.

5. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Shoot didn't think of max age. I guess I didn't know there was a technical max. I thought it was just that 18/19 range only. I was today years old when I learned that. LOL

I do believe that the board fixes itself ... you know, magic and all.

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  6. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

maumann, Gutter and garrow like this.
  7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Since we started with The Martian, the winds in those dust storms top out at about 60 mph, not nearly enough to tip over heavy machinery.

Just as important, because Mars' atmosphere is 1 percent of Earth's, a 60 mph wind has little force.

So despite the fact that a lot of the science in the movie was spot-on, the reason the crew had to leave Watney was not.

I Should Coco, Killick and maumann like this.
  8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

My favorite plot hole* used to be that the Ewoks had a dress for Princess Leia to wear at the end of ROTJ. It took a few years to realize they must have eaten the previous owner of the dress.

* - Probably not a true plot hole, but a "hey, that's weird" moment.

9. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Which reminds me. If Luke was “a little short for a stormtrooper,” how did the armor fit him?

10. da man

da man Well-Known Member

That also reminds me that one of my favorite moments in Raiders of the Lost Ark was when Indy takes out the German guard in the submarine base so he can take his uniform and go unnoticed — only to find the jacket is WAY too small.

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Or the scene in Cast Away when the dead FedEx pilot washes up on the beach. Tom Hanks tries to salvage his shoes, only to find out the guy is a Size 8. Later, we see that he'd cut out the toes of the shoes and turned them into sandals.

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Back To The Future II is on, and the scene in Alternate 1985 where Doc explains that they can’t go in the future from then because they would end up in Alternate 2015 got me thinking.

After Marty finds out that 1955 Biff got the almanac on the same day as the dance, why don’t they just go back to one day earlier in 1955. Sit there for a few minutes, then set it up to go into 2015, buy the almanac at the same time, then burn it as soon as possible without looking at it?

Going back one day earlier in 1955 ensures that the timeline remains the same, then the book is bought and kept so 2015 Biff never gets his hands on it,’and the things are normal again without having to swipe the book from 1955 Biff.

Not an exciting film, but a logical idea.

Draft saved Draft deleted