1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Movie help: recent release edition. can't think of the title

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KJIM, Jan 5, 2011.

1. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Can't get specific enough to Google for the title. Can someone here help?

I'm trying to remember the title of some movie that probably came out over the summer. It was about two single people whose respective best friends (a couple) died. The two singles were named guardians for the couple's kid. Hilarity ensues.

I'm not asking anyone to fess up to having seen it, but I'm trying to remember the title. Anyone? Bueller?

Thanks.

2. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Don't remember the name, but remember seeing previews and that Katherine Heigl was involved. That might help.

3. blacktitleist

blacktitleist Member

"Life as we know it" I believe is what you are looking for

4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Haven't seen it, but I'm sure it went something like this:

1. She's a driven career woman who never had time for a serious relationship, let alone kids.
    2. He's an immature slacker who had never given serious thought to a serious relationship, let alone kids.
    3. They meet, can't stand each other at first, but then realize (though they won't admit it), they're madly in love.
    4. Just as they're about to get together, they have a massive misunderstanding and hate each other even more.
    5. With five minutes left in the movie, one makes a bold public appeal for the other's affections and they live happily ever after.

If that sounds familiar, it's the plot to every Katherine Heigl movie.

5. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

And that's why the Western won't make a comeback as a pop movie genre.

6. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

I saw this in a movie about a bus that had to speed around a city, keeping its speed over fifty and if its speed dropped, it would explode! I think it was called... "The Bus That Couldn't Slow Down"

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Lemme guess - Heigl worked in the media/advertising or PR?

8. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Jeez, way to put a spoiler alert up. You just managed to ruin the entire plots of Knocked Up, 27 Dresses, The Ugly Truth and Life as We Know It in about six seconds.

9. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

You forgot that we have to add in another hot guy who appears to like her but is seemingly unattainable.

Had Josh Lucas been in the trailer for Life As We Know It, I wouldn't have waited until it was in the cheap theater to see it.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

And I bet she falls down once - to let the audience know she is flawed.

11. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

Also, Pete Townshend's "Let My Love Open The Door" is used in the trailer.

12. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

Katherine Heigl is as useless an actress that Hollywood ever produced.

Draft saved Draft deleted