1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Movie featuring gay ex-Toronto Maple Leaf gets blessing of Leafs & NHL

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JR, Nov 24, 2006.

1. Flash

Flash Guest

Mr. Friend,
    Interesting, these Alberta boys can be. Never know what's going through their minds sometimes.
    Signed,
    Miss Flash ;)

2. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Miss Flash,

Noted. I suspect it's simply percentages. Every once and a while you cross a guy who's light in his cowboy boots.

Apologies, etc

3. Old Crank

Old Crank Active Member

Miss Flash,
    Why on earth would you be shocked the kid was from the Western league? After all, the WHL was the home of B. Shaw and G. James.

4. Flash

Flash Guest

Old Crank, guess I'm not ready to accept the Brokeback Mountain era. Sorry 'bout that ... but by the way, there's nothing homosexual about 'G. James' and his pedophilia.

5. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Outside the fact his target was boys. Not linking the two, because there are more than enough straight pedophiles as well. He's just a pedophile who is gay as well.

6. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

So does that mean the entire league's uniforms and logos? because it would look pretty half assed to have the Leafs playing, say, the Hamilton Steelheads

7. Double J

Double J Active Member

Brett Parker -- the greatest GM in hockey history.

Too bad about Steelheads captain Mark (Simpsy) Simpson, though. Married to Tori Spelling? Eww.

8. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

I was wondering if anyone would catch the reference. Didn't they also do a show on a gay player? I think he turned out to be the enforcer or one of their grittier players or something?

9. Double J

Double J Active Member

Yeah, (Terminal) Todd Maplethorpe came out at the end of the episode. But I think what happened was he announced he was gay in order to protect the real gay player on the team.

I don't know how any guy on that show could have been gay. The babes were freaking amazing -- the team president, the big-boobed assistant, the Hamilton Spectator reporter and Brett Parker's nubile young daughter. Yummy!

10. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

The show had it all I tells yeah. Loved the daughter and the team president. Of course at the time of the show I wasn't too much older than the daughter, so it wasn't near as creepy as me saying it now. The team president was also in another Canadian CLassic – Men with Brooms, she played the wife of the under taker wh was I think the second or the third on the team.

11. Human rights are good but the Leafs are bad.
    Have I got Canada pretty much right there?

12. JR

JR Well-Known Member

FB, it's this ongoing jealousy that the rest of Canada has for "The Centre of the Universe" along with a hude dollop of schadenfreude when the Leafs get bounced from the playoffs every year.

Draft saved Draft deleted