1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Movie Catnip: Films so bad, you can't NOT watch

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DanOregon, Jun 22, 2008.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Flipping through the dials and found "Roller Boogie" on Turner Classic Movies. Yeah, TCM!
    This was the closest I could get to a a T and A movie as a kid, but the cheese factor is so enormous, the acting so bad, I can't look away. Linda Blair did look hot in it, and she lived at the place The Cars shot the "Magic" video and there's a guy who rolls around a rink with BJ on his shirt. Next time I saw Venice in a movie it was Ed Norton ruling the boardwalk as a skinhead.
    The Plot:
    Girl meets roller disco king, wants to enjoy life before heading off to Juliard and she takes lessons from Bobby James (Tony Manero on wheels) and they plan to enter the big Roller Boogie contest, but the rink's owner "Jammer" Delaney is under pressure to sell the building from some goons who just happend to be repped by rich girl Blair's dad who is a lawyer.
    My favorite line is when "Phones" is so despondent over the rink closing that he joins the Hari Krishnas. His buddy (one of the Van Pattens) says "Phones is never going to listen to boogie music ever again." Ah, my youth.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Legend of Billie Jean
    Red Dawn
    Coyote Ugly

and about one hundred others I'm sure I'll think of over the next 24 hours!

3. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

Showgirls, but only on VH1

4. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Gymkata
    Battlefield Earth
    Robot Monster :D

5. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

These might not be as well known as others on the list, but they definitely top mine.

[​IMG]

Black Sheep (2006): Prepare for violence of the lambs! An experiment in genetic engineering turns harmless sheep into blood-thirsty killers that terrorize a sprawling New Zealand farm.

[​IMG]

Teeth (2007): Every rose has its thorns. Still a stranger to her own body, a high school student discovers she has a physical advantage when she becomes the object of male violence.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. BYH

BYH Active Member

Holy shit, was that an awful movie!

So awful that I don't think it's aired anywhere, at any time, since I taped it off HBO in 1986.

I heard about this one. It looked really interesting, and not in the "so bad it's good" way.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

It was the most alarming cautionary tale for men since Fatal Attraction. Says so on the box. I laughed and jokingly refer to the condition as to the reason I "became gay."

8. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

I seem to remember it being a Saturday morning TBS staple for a few years. Last time I saw it was at a B-movie festival.
    http://www.badmovieplanet.com/3btheater/filmfests/bfest/bfest2002.html

9. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

Cry Baby used to be one of those, but they haven't aired it in like a decade.

10. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Roadhouse
    The Cowboy Way

11. Hustle

Hustle Guest

Redline (2007) simply must be one of the worst movies ever produced. I rarely watch movies and don't know a thing about filmmaking, and even *I* knew it sucked with unspeakable fury.

But, since I love me some Nadia Bjorlin, I endure the pain.

12. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

A.: Movie Catnip is my new favorite term. That's STUNNINGLY perfect.

B.) Rage. The 1995 flick with Gary Daniels and Fiona Hutchison. It is the Worst Movie I Have Ever Seen. It's so bad I sat up just laughing out loud in my apartment at 4 a.m. when I saw it on cable. It's so bad I bought it the next day. It's so bad I made my last boyfriend watch it. It's so bad it inspired this review on Amazon:

"I can not explain to you how much I hated this movie. If I could give this movie negative stars, I would. Why is this movie so bad you ask, well I will tell you. The movie does not flow together at all. Prime example is the scene with the reporter in the house. The scene lasted about 5 seconds, he was in and then out. The reporter then showed a ten minute interview that supposedly took place in the 5 seconds. It supposedly takes place in southern California, but the sheriff sound like he came out of the Smokey and the Bandit. The sheriff thought the English guy was Mexican. What's the deal with that? Even though I hate this movie to the core of my being, I have made it my mission to buy every copy I run across. I am stockpiling these in hopes that one day I will own every copy. When I do, I am going to have a big bonfire and chuck all of them into it, thus riding this world of such a blight. I do not want aliens coming down after we are all gone and finding that movie......"

It's the greatest bad movie ever.

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted