1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Movie Alert: Napoleon Dynamite on Comedy Central

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KevinmH9, Dec 23, 2008.

1. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Probably one of the more stupid movies I've ever seen in my entire life, but something to give me a laugh when the Boise St./TCU game is on a commercial.

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I HATE that movie.

3. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Flippin' idiot!

4. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

I have never understood the appeal of that movie. I wouldn't say I hate it, but I can understand why someone would.

5. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

I hate the movie. Can someone explain the humor?

6. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

It's so unfunny that it becomes funny.

The funnyness then gets old and not funny, but then it gets so not funny again, it becomes funny.

7. Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell

Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell Active Member

Me too.

It's the worst movie that I actually paid to see.

8. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I used to hate it until I watched it with a bunch of friends. Now it's one of my favorites.

9. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

We snuck in but still saw it in the theater. had no idea what it was when it started. At one point we looked around and counted seven people sleeping at the same time, establishing some sort of record previously held by "Alex and Emma."

10. MartinEnigmatica

MartinEnigmatica Active Member

Normally with a bad movie I'll make a handful of comments/insults along the way. This was such a uniquely horrendous flick that I had nothing to say, until I came upon the first person in real life who I saw wearing a VOTE FOR PEDRO shirt, and I shouted "Vote for my dick! Jesus Christ, that's a terrible movie."

11. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Napoleon Dynamite is one of my favorites.

Then again, to find humor in this movie you're forced to look back and laugh at your own past alienation, high school or otherwise.

12. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

Or smoke some marijuana.

Draft saved Draft deleted