1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Movie 43

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Jan 27, 2013.

1. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Well, sounds like this movie is incredibly bad, but at least the reviews are fun to read.

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

http://www.rogerebert.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20130123/REVIEWS/130129973

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Wow, Alecia Jai Fears was in Crossover AND Oogieloves, and only one other movie.

4. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

93Devil, thanks for posting that - I love whenever Ebert does a takedown review, and I had missed that one.

With its film selection, MST3K usually did about half "so bad they're great" movies, and half "so bad they're soul-crushing" movies. This one definitely sounds more like Invasion of the Neptune Men as opposed to Time Chasers.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Introducing Kat Heigl: 2%

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/one_for_the_money/

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

For the Money was bad, but there are so many movies that are far worse it's not even funny...

7. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

It's actually Richard Roeper writing the review there, not Ebert. I saw it on the Sun-Times link at the top. Still a great review. That lead is awesome.

8. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Red Zone Cuba. Of all the MST3K I watched, that one sticks out at the single most painful movie.

9. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

That one is pretty gruesome too, yeah. I never saw it when it was on TV still though, just after the fact. Whereas with Invasion of the Neptune Men, I feel like they replayed it quite a bit, since they had some fun with the host segments (and Tom Servo got Rogi-Panty Complex).

10. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/01/28/movie-43-how-hollywood-s-super-star-studded-movie-failed-unnoticed.html

Some behind-the-scenes at why so many name actors committed to this turkey -- and why so many of them were trying to get out of it even as they were in it.

11. Yodel

Yodel Active Member

That's a better explanation that the $$ some goof suggested up the thread. I admit, I don't get the humor in these sorts of things. But others don't get my humor, either, so I guess that's only fair.

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Some folks never learn the Kim Basinger-Boxing Helena lesson: don't assume you can get out of a deal without it bankrupting you.

Draft saved Draft deleted