1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Movement in Milwaukee

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Moderator1, Jan 4, 2008.

1. Mr. Homer

Mr. Homer Member

And I thought this thread was about some dude taking a dump in the old cheese state. Sorry. Time to MOVE on.

2. Mira

Mira Member

Yeah lantaur, that's a good point. But I still think Boehler should be one of the front-runners and deserves a fair shot at the gig.

3. Lucas Wiseman

Lucas Wiseman Well-Known Member

It should be noted that Braun has been reassigned as a general assignment guy in sports with the biggest need being to fill in on Packers Plus for now. He is not doing Packers Plus exclusively.

4. What is "Packers Plus"? A fan mag put out by the MJS?

5. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

I don't disagree with you. I was just trying to point out how newspapers have been acting for years and years and years (yes, I went through the same thing once).

6. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

If, for all of your hard work and creativity and years of servitude, your professional life still comes down to being reassigned by Garry Howard -- to anything, particularly if it's against your wishes -- then it might be time to do something else for a living.

7. You don't think highly of Mr. Howard, I presume? (I don't know him but have heard mostly positive things.)

8. thegrifter

thegrifter Member

Thanks for chiming in Mr. Braun

9. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I know you were joking, but he's not Rick Braun. Trust me on this. Rick is too good a guy to gripe on a public message board.

10. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

I should have pointed that out myself, Doc.

Rick is a much better guy than me, when it comes to this kind of stuff. My griping on his behalf is completely unsolicited and probably unwanted, but I feel for folks in our business who do a good job at something and, in spite of it, get reassigned.

11. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Clutches chest in agony... TWICE. :)

12. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Or Ali's latest comeback fight ...

Draft saved Draft deleted