1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Movement in Milwaukee

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Moderator1, Jan 4, 2008.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

From The Pipeline, springing back to life after the holidays:

- Anthony Witrado from preps to Brewers backup
    - Rick Braun from Brewers backup to Packers Plus (where he was before being moved to Brewers, a spot he had been pleased to end up)
    - Interviews under way for preps gig

2. Lucas Wiseman

Lucas Wiseman Well-Known Member

Witrado is pretty solid.. He's had quite a few prep columns run on the sports front and I've often enjoyed them. However, Braun was really good on the Brewers beat. Witrado has big shoes to fill there.

3. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Hasn't circulation for the Packers Plus free-fallen? If I'm Braun I am not happy about the move. You go from covering the Brewers to working for a weekly?

4. Braun got fucked.

5. thegrifter

thegrifter Member

That's better.

6. As was previously pointed out, Braun did a great job covering the Brewers.

My guess is they fucked him because the regular Packers Plus guy took a buyout.

7. Mira

Mira Member

Dave Boehler has been doing part-time preps for years. IMO, he would be ideal for the full-time preps slot. Rick did a great job on the Brewers beat.

8. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

Don't you know that in the newspaper world, even if you do Herculean work as a part-timer and/or kick ass, you still have to go prove yourself at another paper before you're hired at the one you currently work for?

9. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

That's why I left my first paper. It's not that I wanted to end my career there, but I didn't think, no matter what I did, I'd ever simply be promoted to full-time.

10. Any movement in Milwaukee that is not in the direction of Jim Hegarty's leaves me unimpressed.

11. awriter

awriter Active Member

True. Now, where does that logic rank on the list of reasons why the newspaper biz is in the shits?

12. AreaMan

AreaMan Member

Witrado's good. As long as he doesn't have to do anything resembling those god-awful prep video interviews, he'll be fine.

Draft saved Draft deleted