1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Move over Porkgasm, the $20, 5/3 burger (4 POUNDS TOTAL) has arrived

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by mustangj17, Mar 25, 2009.

1. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

I burst out in laughter as soon as that music hit with the burger just sitting there.

2. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

"We had to warm it up in the microwave, it almost didn't fit."

Awesome.

3. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

The fact that the traffic guy nearly threw up in the middle of one of his reports was even better.

4. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Yeah, pretty funny segment.

- I could use the bun as a frisbee.
    -I shouldn't go swimming after this.
    - I'm not eating the lettuce and tomato, this isn't a salad.
    -The Frito's really accentuate the taste of the burger.

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

The trick is to eat two slices at a time. If you do that, you'll eat quicker -- giving your stomach and brain less time to tell you to stop it -- and it'll seem like you aren't eating as much.

6. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

When I ate the 16 inch, I was full, but I could still eat.

The problem was the thought of pizza was sickening. So I went next door to my friends apartment and ate some animal crackers and milk.

The next day, my roommate offered me some of his leftover pizza (8 of us tried to eat one 16 inch pizza each) and I couldn't touch it.

7. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

There is no method to eating that beast, it's a matter of surviving it. If you can eat that entire thing somehow and not throw up, I'll give you props.

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

311 did a milk challenge a few years ago; drink a gallon a whole milk in a half-hour without throwing up, and you won. There were only two winners.

9. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

How many participants, though?

10. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

No wonder the man couldn't eat it ... without all those interruptions for traffic talk, he probably could have put it down!

I liked the blonde chick pulling out the stethoscope, too. "Hey baby, let's play doctor again after the show ... Sure, I just ate five hamburger patties, but I'm a pro's pro!" ;D

Great video.

11. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I don't remember if they even gave a count. It's on their second DVD -- Enlarged To Show Detail 2. I'd say there were between 75 and 125 entrants, but that's a total guess. There were a lot of milk cartons and plenty of trash cans that needed emptying.

12. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Joey Chesnut drank a gallon of milk in 41 seconds.

Draft saved Draft deleted