1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Move over Porkgasm, the $20, 5/3 burger (4 POUNDS TOTAL) has arrived

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by mustangj17, Mar 25, 2009.

1. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I've got my next feat lined up. This monstrosity. Ballpark is only 2 hours from home. I am totally going to try to eat it this summer.

http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2009/03/whitecaps_fifth_third_burger_n.html

"This is not the Whitecaps' first unique menu option. In recent years, the team has offered everything from deep-fried Twinkies and deep-fried Pepsi to entire turkey drumsticks."

What are some other ball parks or famous restaurants with crazy ass food items like this?

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Deep fried Pepsi? ???

3. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Yeah I don't even know how that works.

4. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

http://media.www.theeastcarolinian.com/media/storage/paper915/news/2007/10/11/Features/California.Man.Sells.Fried.Pepsi-3025228.shtml

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Has anyone seen Freelance Hack? I'm worried about him.

6. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

No worries, Ace, I found him:
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Where's his helmet?

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

He seems to have enough water and paper towels. So I guess he's OK. Thanks.

9. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

That's what I wondered. Maybe the helmet was Photoshopped in to make him look more ridiculous? Or someone Photoshopped it out so he could retain his dignity.

Or he REALLY likes that burger, so much so that he tries it every day wearing the same clothes. Wonder if there's one of him in a Santa hat for the Christmas Eve attempt.

10. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Been to this park 12 years ago, when it was Old Kent. Nice place to watch a game.

Love this line...

If a single person can consume the entire 4-pound finished product in one sitting, the team plans to give him or her a special T-shirt.

Nearly 300 grams of fat, 744 milligrams of cholesterol and 4,800 calories and you're only giving me a freakin' shirt? What, the angioplasty is separate?

11. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I honestly think I could do it if I planned ahead and trained once a week by trying to eat 4-5 pounds of other foods.

I can eat 2 pounds of food easily. I know with enough encouragement I could put down 3... maybe four. Maybe.

12. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Why did this break off from the food pron thread?

Draft saved Draft deleted