1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Move over Doc Gooden, Real World's Puck, 8-year-old son, hurt in DUI crash

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Baron Scicluna, Mar 25, 2010.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Guy acted like an idiot 15-plus years ago. I see that he's really grown up since then:

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/ex-real-world-star-puck-rainey-and-son-injured-in-alleged-dui-crash-10650.php

How the heck do you drive under the influence when your son is in the car?

2. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Hard to drive with your fingers stuck in a peanut butter jar.

3. fishhack2009

fishhack2009 Active Member

Apparently, the member of that "Real World" cast who least should have reproduced, did.

4. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Judging from the trajectory of the show the last 20 years, "should not reproduce" is likely at the top of the producers' casting wish list by now.

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Too bad the child was hurt, but any time any cast member of "Road Rules" or "The Real World" or any of its reality-show shitspawn is injured or killed is a great day for the human race.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I always thought a lot of the Puck-like behavior was an act to get attention, but obviously being a jackass comes naturally to this guy.

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Darwin Rules: addition by subtraction

8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Pretty amazing that one season produced probably the most successful person ever from that show (Judd Winick, now one of the premier comic book writers) and the least successful -- Puck.

9. outofplace

There are comic book fans who would want to hurt you for that statement. (I'm not one of them. I like Winick's work, especially when he was on Exiles).

10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

They might not like him, but he's pretty damn successful.

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Plus the most memorable person from that show -- Pedro.

12. outofplace

I always wondered if Puck really said he was happy Pedro died. Supposedly, he said that in an interview. I remember Winick yelling at him for it on some reunion show (yes, I did like the Real World for the first three seasons or so).

Draft saved Draft deleted