1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Move along; nothing to see here

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Colton, Dec 19, 2012.

1. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

I hope I don't have to go back to the FUBAR of newspapers. They are Fucked Up Beyond All Recognition. And they take it out on the people they keep, which is just horrible.

2. dog eat dog world

dog eat dog world New Member

This sounds like something the guy who ran the last paper I was at before "retiring" would do. He's what corporate wants - a yes man who can find ways of cutting and making the remaining people miserable; he was the one who came up with the three tickets and you're fired idea, and got a bonus from it because it saved the company money on its insurance. I saw one of the suffering servants today and they said he gave them their bonuses...a box of baked goods each. Most went in the dumpster in the employee parking lot.

3. ColdCat

ColdCat Well-Known Member

or the company could spring for taxis

4. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Someone got a gift card?!?!?! Holy crap! I have gotten them from co-workers and even supervisors, but not from the company itself.

5. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Well-Known Member

In the immortal words of Tom Petty: Stellar.

6. milkboneunderwear

milkboneunderwear New Member

You're saying the publisher who was in charge of your paper is the one who came up with the safe driving rule, ran it up the pipes at CNHI, and then got a bonus from CNHI? You sure do run into your former co-workers a lot in your new job -- seems like every day this week you've seen them. And were you digging through the garbage to know the baked goods went in the trash? Are you sure you worked at a newspaper, or are you just an imposter? Newspaper people don't throw away free food. We gobble it up like locusts.

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Must be a right-to-work state.

8. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Not trying to gloat, but this year everyone at our place received a $100 gift card as a present from the boss and I was given a $1,000 year-end bonus from the company.

It's good to be out of the newspaper business.

9. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Well-Known Member

Not trying to gloat, but I got a $100 bonus once ... in 30 years.

10. Colton

Colton Active Member

Dropped my $35 Christmas bonus gift card, along with a $100 bill, at the local Big Brothers/Big Sisters yesterday.

The good people there were so appreciative, I was pretty much embarrassed.

Best I've felt about anything related to my shop in years.

11. dog eat dog world

dog eat dog world New Member

You got to bet CNHI brass were partying in Miami into Monday.

Just so you guys know, Nick Saban benefits from your furloughs.

Absurd as it may be.

12. Colton

Colton Active Member

Ugh...

Draft saved Draft deleted