1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mourning family attacks TV photog and reporter

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by spikechiquet, Feb 22, 2011.

1. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

This was posted by a TV buddy of mine from San Antonio via facebook. Anyone know the situation?

Personally, the TMZ wannabes had it coming...but, the idiot family over reacted as well.

2. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

That is some serious "toy department" bullshit right there.

3. Bad Guy Zero

Bad Guy Zero Active Member

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I thought Alonzo's family got really pissed when I read the thread title.

5. DietCoke

DietCoke Member

If I'm either reporter, a whole lot of people are getting charges pressed against them today. Every fucking one of them, including Mr. Sneaky Pants in the purple jacket who was acting like a peace maker, but was throwing blind-side haymakers when the camera woman was being yanked to the ground and nobody was looking.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I bet the IHOP really loves those folks taking over the parking lot and chasing everyone away, claiming it's "private business."

I have seen times when I thought TV crews/paparazzi got what was coming to them, but this certainly does not qualify.

The reporter and camera person were about as respectful and unobtrusive as you could be.

7. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

A reporter and a camera are not "unobtrusive", they are documenting a part of someone's lives for others to see.

A grieving family did not ask for any publicity, did not ask for public scrutiny, certainly did not ask others to share their moment of grief. They have a right to go bonkers.

Man, give some people some privacy until they ask for the scrutiny. Going out in public? So what, you want to condemn all grievers to never come out in public? How about some respect?

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

They are in a public area. They have no right to privacy on a sidewalk in front of an IHOP, and they certainly have no right to go bonkers and attack people.

9. Double J

Double J Active Member

Um, this.

10. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Alonzo Mourning's wife is not someone you want to screw with.

11. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Why? Here is your rationalization, you've suffered this tragedy, sorry go stay in your dungeon (that's probably what a house feels like)? If you come out, its fair game, anyone is entitled to pry into your emotions even though you never asked for this.

Why is that reporter and the camera there? To elicit whatever reaction/emotions they can, to make a $$. That's it. Nothing to help these poor souls who suffered a tragedy.

The attack seems excessive, I agree. But what do you expect? They asked them to leave and they kept rolling the tape.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

It is my experience that most people want to talk about the beloved deceased when given the chance.

Draft saved Draft deleted