1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mountain Bump injures 9 in the Utah Mine Rescue

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by sportshack06, Aug 16, 2007.

1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Send Murray in there to get 'em. Fuckin cock slap.

2. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

I don't live in coal country, but I have the utmost respect for these guys. The stuff they do for a living kills them--black lung, cancer, cave-ins. These guys are in a lot of ways, the backbone of our economy--cant run a power plant with no coal...and they don't make nearly enough money. Just a sad story all around.

3. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

This mining incident reminds me so much of the Westray incident that took place in Nova Scotia. The coal mine is now shut down, and the healing process is still ongoing for those who lost family and friends.
    In that case, the owners of the mine were to blame because they did not enforce safety issues.

26 lives lost in that disaster.

4. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

I can't imagine being in that community. It's so awful on so many levels. My prayers go out to everyone involved for the best possible outcome.

However, I don't see anything good happening.

5. markvid

markvid Guest

Ok, the story was out there at the time - why was nothing done to him for it?
    It does seem to me that every time he holds a press conference, it turns into how this whole thing affects him. If you noticed on CNN's web page the other day, there was a photo of him standing in the mine, allegedly personally supervising the rescue operation. Guess who got the photo credit? Bob Murray.
    I think it's time for them to shut that place down completely and walk away. Today, tyey are saying the mountain is collapsing on itself. Are more going to die in the search of corpses?

6. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Huh?

To most, prayers are considered asking God for something. When you ask for something, sometimes the answer is no.

When you do believe in God and ask for something in prayer but don't get it, it doesn't mean prayer doesn't work. It means the answer isn't what you hoped for.

7. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Exactly. Sometimes the answer is no.

Draft saved Draft deleted