1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mount Rockmore

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by GBNF, May 2, 2008.

1. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

That's a pretty darn good list.
    I sorta had the same feeling about Dylan. Respect what he did and who he influenced, but not so much a fan.

2. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

Well, you certainly did come original.

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Excellent work, my friend.

4. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

I was going to go with a Dookie joke, but I figured I'd make it simple.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I think Dylan was a better writer than he was a singer, and the best writer of the three "locks" is Lennon.
    I'd pass.

Of course Teddy Roosevelt was a weak choice for the four-spot too...

6. Doing a little research, here are some others who are honorable mention -- Fats Domino, Muddy Waters, Little Richard, Jerry Lee Lewis, Ray Charles, Bo Diddley, Buddy Holly (who might get the fourth spot if he hadn't had the plane crash), Carl Perkins and, as previously mentioned, Bill Haley.

7. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

Damn, I might have to bump Joplin for Ray Charles. Good research.

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

The great part about that album -- aside from the music -- is that, within all the chaos of that album, the monkey actually have poo in their hands, and they're ready to toss.

9. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

It is definitely one hell of an album. When I come Around is still one of my top 20 favorite songs.

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Believe it or not, that's the one song I forget about when I talk about the great tunes. I love it; it's in my top 30 songs. But, for whatever reason, I blank on it until I run off Basket Case, Longview, Burnout, She, Chump, F.O.D. and Pulling Teeth.

11. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Plus, the bonus track sums up your life perfectly.

12. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

The lyrics and the title. It's like Billie Joe foreshadowed my life 14 years ago. What a genius.

Draft saved Draft deleted