1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mother's Day Songs or Songs About Mom

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by kokane_muthashed, May 3, 2007.

1. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

I'm doing this scrapbook-thing for my mother this year with photos and whatnot. I'd like to include some song lyrics (or quotes or movie lines or poems) throughout the book. Unfortunately, the only songs I can think of off the top of my head are Mother by Pink Floyd and Mother by Danzig. Don't think those two songs will cut it. "Mother, do you wanna bang heads with me?"

Help?

2. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Mother (MoFo) - U2

Bono's lyrics are about how he misses his mother, who died when he was relatively young (early teens?)

3. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

I'm interested in Clubber's take on this subject

4. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

When You Thought I Wasn't Looking

When you thought I wasn't looking, I saw you hang my first painting on the refrigerator, and wanted to paint another one just for you.

When you thought I wasn't looking, I saw you feed a stray cat, and I thought it was good to be kind to animals.

When you thought I wasn't looking, I saw you make my favorite cake just for me, and I knew little things are special things.

When you thought I wasn't looking, I heard you say a prayer, and I believed there was a God I could always talk to.

When you thought I wasn't looking, I felt you kiss me good night, and I felt loved.

When you thought I wasn't looking, I saw tears come from your eyes, and I learned that sometimes it's OK to be sad.

When you thought I wasn't looking, I saw that you cared, and I wanted to be everything I could be.

When you thought I wasn't looking, I looked -- and I wanted to say thanks, Mama, for all the things I saw when you thought I wasn't looking.

5. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

"Hey Mama" by Kanye West

Better than any of Eminem's songs to his mother

6. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Good choice.
    What about that "You raise me up" Josh Groban(I think he's the guy that sings that) song?

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Bohemian Rhapsody...

8. Chef

Chef Active Member

Crazy Bitch---Buckcherry.

Just kidding, mom.

9. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

What about that one Adam Sandler and Kevin Nealon did on SNL once?

10. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

He might suggest "Dear Mama" by 2Pac.

11. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Jesus and Mama Always Loved Me -- Confederate Railroad

Although, depending on whose mother we're discussing, the Railroad's lone hit, Trashy Women, might be the better choice.

I keeed, I keeed

EDIT: the first choice was a joke. It was the first song I could think of with the word "mama" in it.

12. Double J

Double J Active Member

"No Charge" by Melba Montgomery, written by Harlan Howard.

I challenge anyone to listen to this song and not get watery eyes or a big lump in your throat or both.

Draft saved Draft deleted