1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mother-son wedding dance song

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jim Tom Pinch, Dec 8, 2008.

1. Jim Tom Pinch

Jim Tom Pinch Active Member

In good shape on the wedding planning, but my mom has no song in mind and I don't have an obvious choice. What did you use? What would you use? What do you wish you used? I'm looking for inspiration.

Thanks

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

When in doubt, always go for the Cotton-Eyed Joe.

3. JimmyOlson

JimmyOlson Member

Well played, Ace. One of my best friends did a disco song with his mom. Brought the house down, it did.

I went with "Dream a Little Dream" by the Mamas and the Papas.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Fat-bottomed girls?

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

http://www.popular-wedding-songs.com/mother-son-wedding-songs.html

http://www.wedalert.com/songs/motherson/index.asp

There's a few listings if you do a google search. Not all good ideas (A Song for Mama by Boyz II Men?), but it's a start. The second one has links to clips from the songs, which could be helpful.

Part of it is picking something your mother would like, or something that fits your relationship with her. If I had to go back and pick mine again (I can't even remember what it was), I'd look for something by Rod Stewart, because he is a favorite of my mother's.

6. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Shake it like a Polariod picture?

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

"Do Ya Think I'm Sexy"?

8. Seahawk

Seahawk Member

No love for Boyz II Men, OOP? A Song for Mamma is what I danced to with my mother. She picked it, and it worked for us.

9. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

"Foolish Behaviour".

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Do You Wanna Touch Me - Joan Jett

Oh wait, that was for the removal of the garter. ;D

11. RedCanuck

RedCanuck Active Member

It was your song by Garth Brooks, at least if you've got a bit of country in you.

12. MartinEnigmatica

MartinEnigmatica Active Member

This reminds me of what happened at one wedding I was at. The dude who caught the garter was made to put it on his girlfriend, the younger sister of the groom. And he went completely overboard, just got completely under her dress and was essentially copping a public feel; very awkward. The dad looked pissed, but I give him credit for not punching the dude's lights out.

Draft saved Draft deleted