1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mother of the year in Georgia

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Big Circus, Apr 14, 2015.

1. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I'm in the can right now, reading my smartphone. Trying not to think real hard about any of this.

2. Vombatus

Oh, and thanks for the education today. You learn something new everyday. For me, today it was "bean-flicking." Thank you, sj.com. Good night!

3. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

I had a similar thought, but upon re-reading (or maybe it was in the other story linked), the daughter was staying with the dad and asked to come over to party. So they don't seem to have been taken away because of this incident. They had already been living with dad.

4. Vombatus

I've done some time in AA years ago. Stopped. Couldn't stand all the goddamned cigarette smoke. The AA friends I had made got pissed - one asked me "So you think you are cured, huh?"

But this whole thing with AA and the sponsor bugs me. What part of Anonymous did the sponsor not understand? Not sure I would have ratted her out for that. Now if she revealed she was involved in a terrorist plot - jihad shit - to kill tens, hundreds or more, yeah I could see ratting that out without hesitation.

Complicated. Because anonymity goes to the heart of how AA functions. Violate that, and it breaks down, trust is lost, and people don't get help and don't help themselves.

5. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Did I read the report that the mom is also a Mormon?

I really thought this story couldn't get any better, but there you go.

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Big Love indeed.

7. qtlaw24

qtlaw24 Active Member

In the Smoking Gun report, the perp was already facing a hearing on losing custody based on that incident, if I read it correctly, so not like the sponsor was disclosing confidential information.

8. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

That wasn't the way I read it, but haven't read that report yet. If that's the case, the sponsor should have just let it play out. But the mom should probably have told the sponsor that. No winners here.

9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

We're all winners here.

10. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

And if I hear about it my response is going to be "Pics or GTFO ..."

11. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Consider this: "Jilling off."

12. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

That can be the name of Bean-Flicking Show's debut album.

Draft saved Draft deleted