1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mother Nature is a whore

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef, Dec 14, 2008.

1. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Does this make Mother Nature a MILF?

2. Smash Williams

Smash Williams Well-Known Member

It was 63 and sunny when I left to cover a game around noon today. It was 45 and raining when I got out around 6 p.m., and it is snowing and 14 degrees now with a wind chill of -2. My parking lot is an ice rink.

The high today was 65. The high tomorrow is 22. Stupid cold front.

3. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

It's 55 here now, yet somehow we're under a winter storm warning. Temps are falling throughout the day and will bottom out in the 20s.

No wonder my sinuses were killing me last night.

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

We got one of those "blue northers" last night. Temps were in the 70s and wind out of the south at 30 mph when I went to work. Walked outside and temps were in the 30s with wind out of the north at 30 mph. Luckily I brought a sweater and jacket with me.

It'll be right back into the 70s on Friday. Then we get our next front.

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Fucking fuck. Temperature is still dropping. My thermometer says 25.5º and I am watching a plume of moisture to my north nervously on radar.

6. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Scrape off the windows with a hot Asian dong.

7. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

I just annoyed two people in two different states by telling them it was 40 degrees here, which would feel like a sauna to them, since they are currently somewhere in the single digits in temps. ;D

I'm evil.

But yeah, Mr. Kentucky Winter Weather Warning, hit me with your best shot. 1-4 inches of "ice and snow" won't scare me after last winter in Kansas.

8. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

This is the longest we've had snow on the ground in five years (according to the little old ladies in my Bible study). Five days and counting, the high isn't projected to get above freezing for like another week.

9. Angola!

Angola! Guest

That's probably true. The last big storm I remember in your area was in 2000 or early 2001, it snowed about 18 inches and was on the ground for about 10 days.

That was a fun one.

10. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Trust me, it will scare the living crap out of you once you see people trying to drive on the shit.

11. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

was almost 80 here sunday and it's about 32 now with a winter weather advisory. haven't had to go outside today and i doubt i will until at least tomorrow. just let my dog outside to do his business and he lets me know when he wants back in.

there is no way i could survive a winter like minnesota, wisconsin, etc.

12. KG

KG Active Member

It can't possibly be worse than the way the people in Atlanta drive in it. I was driving on it in Ky right after I got my license. I was better then than most of the people here are now.

Draft saved Draft deleted