1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mother Nature being a mother

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Apr 26, 2011.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Can't do the link thing with my phone, but the weather has turned to crap across the South and lower Midwest. Some town north of Little Rock got wiped off the map by s tornado last night. A dam failed yesterday in Ky., and Poplar Bluff, Mo. is being evacuated because a levee is about to break. The threat for high tornado risk just got extended east to Memphis, and all this should be in Alabama and Georgia by tomorrow.

And how is your day?

2. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

Wow, I was gonna bitch about it being nearly 80 degrees by my house but closer to 50 at the event I'm going to, but I guess wearing pants is better than getting wiped out by a tornado.

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Even more bad stuff today:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Yep. The middle of that will be in my neck of the woods just before midnight.

5. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

In the middle of it now. It sucks ass

6. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Vilonia.

The weather in Arkansas has just been shit for the last few years. I have no recollection of it being so dangerous so often during my formative years there.

7. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

As of noon yesterday, the county I work in had received almost a foot of rain this month -- with most of it coming in the last two weeks. Working in an area that's dominated by preps, it sucks because pretty much everything has been washed out the last few days.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I guess I can't bitch about high 40s and rain up here - I'm just getting kind of sick of it.

9. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

The commercials during shows tonight are promoing the morning newscast to tell us about the storms coming tomorrow. Not sure I've ever seen the local morning news pimped during primetime. Usually it's 11 p.m. news.

10. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Danger Jim is reporting from Arkadelphia. The real bad stuff, though, is hitting Memphis.

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Danger Jim was in Tuscaloosa a couple of weeks back. As he tried to leave Sat afternoon, he tweeted about a massive wreck that had the interstate at a standstill. Little did he know it was just postgame traffic from Bama spring football.

12. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

that is hilarious.

and another line of storms coming. good times. and wednesday is supposed to be just like today.

Draft saved Draft deleted