1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mother Nature at it again

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Smash Williams, May 22, 2011.

1. Smash Williams

Smash Williams Well-Known Member

Looks like three on the ground around OKC now. If that storm does what these storms usually do, and that's go right up I-44, then they're due in Joplin around 8-9 p.m. That's the last thing that area needs.

Looks like Norman and Stillwater are in the paths of the ones on the ground right now.

2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Some incredible video here live.

http://www.kfor.com/news/livestreaming/

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I'm shocked KFOR sends a helicopter up into that.

4. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

No kidding. Incredible stuff. Prayers to everyone in Oklahoma and elsewhere dealing with this.

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I'm not. Terror sells.

I'm also not shocked about the storm chaser almost getting killed on live TV. It's going to happen sooner or later because TV execs are willing to put their people in danger for a couple ratings points.

6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

.....and if you've ever been on a twister hunt, it doesn't matter how close you get to one.....it's like a drug. The adrenalin rush is like the strongest crack.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Dallas getting hit now. People at DFW and Rangers game are in the path. Highland Park might have been hit.

8. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

A line of storms headed this way. A tiny silver in the southern part of the county is under a thunderstorm warning along with the western 3/4ths of the county due south.

9. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Baseball to softball sized-hail 45 miles northeast of me this afternoon.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

Apparently Rangers Ballpark is being evacuated. That sounds frightening as hell.

11. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Good.

Maybe a tornado will go through the White Sox broadcast booth and get Hawk. {crossthread}

12. Smash Williams

Smash Williams Well-Known Member

Didn't they send everyone in the Ballpark down into the stadium tunnels last time something like this happened? I think that's what's going on. Rangers beat writer at has this picture: http://t.co/QX2FdS He says golf ball and larger sized hail out there.

I've been herded into the covered hallways in the terminals at DFW before (which has happened tonight). No fun at all.

Draft saved Draft deleted