1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mother f***in' awesome news

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by three_bags_full, Jul 16, 2011.

1. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Three of the other guys chosen at the same time I was have already failed their first attempts. I've picked their brains and have a good game plan for the eval.

Basically, I've made a plan, and when I go in tomorrow, he's gonna change it completely and evaluate how I react to the changes and formulate a new plan. Then, he's going to act like a really dumb co-pilot and see how I catch what he's doing, then correct it.

I feel pretty confident, but I won't be surprised if I get smacked down, too.

2. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Good luck, tbf!

3. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

You can do this, tbf.

4. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

All I know is VOR and IFR!

You'll nail it.

5. three_bags_full

I have my evaluation over two days -- tomorrow in the nice, new, glass cockpit helicopter, and Tuesday in the old, analog helicopter. So, I'm doing my instruments in the nice, pretty, new one, where they're much easier. Until he changes the plan, that is.

6. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

You'll nail it either way...best of luck my man!

7. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Good luck ... and after a successful evaluation, you will deserve to party hearty this upcoming weekend!

8. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

You picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue!

Good Luck TBF! :)

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

10. three_bags_full

Well, that didn't go as planned ...

Fucked up quite a few things. And when I'd fuck something up, he'd keep digging. He'd find a hole somewhere, stick his thumb in it and wallow out the hole.

He made me second guess myself a number of times. Even talked me out of a couple of right answers. Never thought I'd say this, but I had a confidence problem today.

Today wasn't a freebie, but I get a second crack tomorrow in the older helicopter, with which I'm much more comfortable.

I'll knock the dirt off the spikes and try again tomorrow.

11. three_bags_full

Does anyone have the number to that truck driving school? I think I'm gonna need it.

12. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

gotta love a fixed-wing aircraft movie joke in this thread!

You probably did OK, just felt like shit because he was throwing all that stuff at you.

Just do better tomorrow!

Draft saved Draft deleted