1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mother f***in' awesome news

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by three_bags_full, Jul 16, 2011.

1. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

From what I gather, Blitz, a significantly larger number will come home than will deploy, starting this summer.

2. Stay safe, Threebags. And thanks for your service.

3. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

I always knew you were so cool. Congrats on the good news, man.

4. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

Congrats, three_bags!

And great news on the shorter deployments.

I can't grab you a beer, but I know a reservist at the Bham News I could send on a mission.

And, of course, can't thank you and yours enough for keeping us safe.

5. bigbadeagle

bigbadeagle Member

Triple Bags,

Would that put you in the 3rd, the 10th, the 82nd or the 101st?

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. three_bags_full

I'm in the 101st.

8. three_bags_full

Well, tomorrow is the big day. Tomorrow and Tuesday, I should say. My evaluation begins tomorrow -- certainly the most important flights of my career that doesn't involve saving a life. I'm on the flight schedule tomorrow and Tuesday with my company's head instructor pilot. He's got me for four hours of flying Monday and Tuesday nights, which means a total of about eight hours each day, when you factor in all the planning, preflighting and briefing. Ugh.

I've been studying my ass off for about two weeks and have barely left the house all weekend.

Flight is meticulously planned. Paperwork almost done. Helicopter crap reviewed and reviewed and reviewed and reviewed. Scenarios rehearsed over and over in my head.

I'm sure I won't sleep tonight, so I might jump outside later and cut the grass to spend some energy, then drink a couple of drinks to put me to sleep. I've been OK with it all week, but as I type this I'm starting to get butterflies.

I really hate this feeling.

9. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Wait, I thought you were covering 'bama ... :D

10. three_bags_full

Well, I'll be there Saturday, but not in a writing capacity. Probably won't be in a standing or coherent speaking capacity, either.

11. holy bull

holy bull Active Member

Dude, you've prepared yourself. Let it flow.

12. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

You'll be fine. Just chill out tonight, get a good night's rest and rock this thing.

Draft saved Draft deleted