1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Most unprofessional anchor ever

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by markvid, Jul 6, 2006.

1. DyePack

DyePack New Member

While I'm all for a good rant, how can you start the newscast by complaining about an echo only the newsroom can hear? (I did see the comment below about it going on for three months, by the way.)

His ass should have been tasered and replaced during the commercial break.

2. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Seems like the guy's heart is in the right place.

There are so many others who would never have a candid moment like that, who deserve scorn more than that guy.

Just my gut feeling.

3. Xsportschick

Xsportschick Member

First, I thought this was about Detroit's own Bill Bonds (now long gone from the anchor desk). He once lost it on-air, laughing when an interviewee's comb-over became exceedly windswept, during an otherwise serious news moment. Mr. Bonds being fairly noted for having an assortment of toupees that he didn't discuss.

Second, I did hear the echo, which was corrected during the break. I've heard worse. He's a baby.

And...
    ding.

4. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

How can we even talk about this, there is no time for the news brief... We have to know who he thinks the president next season will be!

5. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Don't know about the rest of you but I make it a gospel point to turn off local TV news broadcasts the instant I see them on the screen. And the same goes for the big three's network shows.

Local shows are crap with on-air personalities I wouldn't break for if I saw them in the crosswalk and network news anchors try way too hard to be sincere.

Draft saved Draft deleted