1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Most sad sports story this year

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Almost_Famous, Feb 25, 2007.

1. Almost_Famous

Almost_Famous Active Member

This has got to be a strong candidate.

I can't begin to imagine how difficult this must be.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/basketball/nba/wires/02/25/2030.ap.bkn.cavaliers.ilgauskas.0347/

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

3. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Jeez, Coach, way to show sympathy for your player!

4. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Wow. That's the first time I've read anything about this.

5. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

This was touched upon on the NBA thread.

6. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

That's tough.

7. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

My best bud's wife miscarried, and it became a taboo subject, obviously. But it was weird. For a few months, we had been excitedly talking about the new baby. Then, suddenly, nothing was ever said again. Fortunately, the jerkwad shot another one, and they had a little girl a few months after my first one arrived. Now they're expecting another.

But this has to be one of the toughest things to endure. It's truly sad, and I'm glad that the team understood his need for some personal time.

8. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Having been through it myself, my thoughts are with Z.

9. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

Had heard when he first left the team that his wife was in trouble as well, but it seems as though she's come through it OK.

Still, an awful awful thing to go through.

10. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I remember the absolute terror I felt for my ex-wife and son when, the day he was born, they said they would have to do surgery to get him out.

I cannot imagine the emotions going through Z's mine right now, nor the mind of anyone else who's ever gone through this.

11. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

My wife and I lost a baby boy a few years back. We just went to the doctor one day to get an ultrasound, and there wasn't a heartbeat. The most painful thing I've ever experienced. The thing that has always made it worse for me is that we had our 3-year-old son with us that day so he could see his little brother. Breaks my heart that he never got to.

My prayers will be with Ilgauskas for sure.

12. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

This story was almost immediately reported in the Lithuanian press.

Draft saved Draft deleted