1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Most remote place you've ever stayed

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by micropolitan guy, Jan 31, 2007.

1. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Adel, Ga. is my real answer.

2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Oy. Been there. What were you doing, shacking up after prom or something?

3. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Marceline, Mo., or Las Animas, Colo.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Interesting experience in Laramie one day ...

Took Greyhound cross-country. After an excruciatingly long south-to-north Utah jaunt, we cut into Wyoming and trekked to Laramie. Got off at the bus station and it was 75-80 degrees. Went to the bathroom for a long constitutional and came out 5 minutes later to blizzard-like conditions. Was really neat, or strange.

5. I once worked with a guy who was originally from Hanna, Wyoming, and he hated Cokeville more than anything in the world. Apparently Cokeville tended to win the state title in virtually every sport, usually destroying tiny towns like Hanna along the way.

For me, the most remote place I've ever stayed at was North Platte, Nebraska. It was about as much fun as getting genital herpes, then going for a bike ride on a scenic road.

6. Bump_Wills

Bump_Wills Member

Nome, Alaska. You can only fly or dog-sled in, ferchrissakes.

7. Bump_Wills

Bump_Wills Member

Also spent entire summers in Baggs, Wyo.; Sidney, Mont.; Milford, Utah; Cuba, N.M.; and Montpelier, Idaho.

8. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Man, what a dump! ;D

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I was in Montpelier, Vermont, a few weeks ago, but it's not so remote. Well, I guess anywhere in Vermont is remote.

10. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

You must be the Rip Van Winkle of shit-taking.

11. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Lexington, Nebraska is pretty bad, too.

12. lollygagger

lollygagger Member

Holbrook, Ariz. One town over from Winslow and not nearly as interesting. (And Winslow wasn't that interesting.)

Honorable mention to Franklin, N.C.; Brooksville, Fla.; King City, Calif.; and Westmoreland, N.Y.

Draft saved Draft deleted