1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

most 'precious' christmas stories

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by shockey, Nov 25, 2012.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

As to an earlier assertion: skepticism is healthy. Cynicism kills the soul

2. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Don Draper is a genius.

3. shockey

shockey Active Member

just want to make sure i'm understood: i didnt say parents who tell their kids that santa claus is a hoax could end up with friendless children IF they don't make sure their kid is to keep it a family secret, to not spread the word. 'cause i know from experience that kids who go around ruining big days for other kids get ostracized real fast. as do their parents.

repeat: raise your children with your own set of rules, morals, etc. just be sure they don't ruin the, um, 'lie' for someone else's kid. it's the same as tattle-tales. in these cases it's amost always the messenger who gets killed.

4. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Jesus Christ! (is he mythical?)

This was supposed to be a nice thread about "precious" Christmas moments.

And it is rapidly turning into a "precious" SportsJournalists.com moment.

WHAT. THE. FUCK. ??? !!!

This is classic.

I regret being the first one to reply and thus being partly responsible for creating this mess.

It is a bit entertaining though, but I feel bad for shockey who wanted us to share other "precious" moments, and not get into an Xmas reacharound contest.

Only comment that I want to add so far is that I agree with Versatile's first comment about kids being very electronically aware these days. The depressing thought I had from that was that kids are more likely to know about snopes.com before they ever learn about Santa.

I haven't checked what snopes says about Santa, but that is where I am going next on the interwebs.

Wouldn't be surprised if it says: Santa MYTH go fuck yourselves little kids.

5. dooley_womack1

I would love for Honey Boo-Boo to check in on this Santa Claus issue.

6. Vombatus

Explain.

Have V and V locked down the SportsJournalists.com users whose names start with V and are also perverts? Or demented? Both? Other?

7. Vombatus

Whoa, I got a Road Kill T-shirts ad that has a lady wearing a tremendous rack, I mean shirt, that reads "I used to care."

Anybody else seen that ad yet?

I was very impressed with SportsJournalists.com's ability to track down the snorg tee redhead. Here is another treasure chest to hunt down.

Holy cow, the internet. The gift that just keeps on giving.

8. shockey

shockey Active Member

geez, i know this is a 'bah, humbug' crowd but i obviously expected better than this. y'all are even tougher than i thought. hmmm. maybe i posted it too soon, should've waited for for more of the holiday spirit to penetrate your craniums and hearts. not much evidence of hearts 'round here now, that's for sure....

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Don Draper is a myth. Dick Whitman is real.

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

We could see about getting freqposter to check in on this with his story on how he met Mrs. Claus at a North Pole bookstore.

11. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

12. dooley_womack1

Maybe JDV could tell us how provably and demonstrably hot Mrs. Claus is. And Flipper could tell us about the special "present" she gave Buck.

Draft saved Draft deleted