1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Most memorable yearbook moments

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by forever_town, Jul 27, 2008.

1. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I ran into him once at a local grocery store a few years ago. I know he got married. That's the last I know.

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I think I've posted this before on another thread, but it's worth repeating.

My friend Ali was a hurdler in high school and there's a picture of her running the 110-meters. It was taken just as she cleared one of the hurdles and her beaver is clearly exposed. ::)

3. MartinEnigmatica

MartinEnigmatica Active Member

Most memorable yearbook moment: Seeing all the goddamn errors in it. I was one of two people to construct the school's yearbook my senior year, but did most of it myself. We came extremely close to the deadline, but got it out on time. It arrived, and we were supposed to give it out to seniors on a sort of Senior Picnic day. But when we opened the box...within five minutes we found like half a dozen errors and one entirely black page. Also, one senior's picture was in there twice, in the process removing another senior's portrait. That kid was PISSED. I remember walking from our yearbook office to where the picnic was, only to have a classmate tell me the missing senior was out hunting for my head. I'm pretty sure I just went home. I caught up with him at our graduation a few weeks later to tell him how sorry I was, but he just had this look of disappointment. I still feel bad about it.

4. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

My senior the yearbook had a Greek gods and goddesses theme to it. They misspelled goddess, as godess, on the front cover.

5. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

At least you didn't publish a photo of some girl's beaver for 1,200 kids to look at for the next 50 years.

6. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Seeing my SE and ASE in the same college yearbook last week.....from 1980. Fannnntastic!

7. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

I got something, but I don't even remember what it was.

8. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

Yeah, I did that a couple times. I figured it this way: school wasn't that big of a pain in the ass, i got pretty good grades while there, and above it all, my friends were there. And if i did stay home, i would just watched tv all day. which sounds good, but i would've been bored out of my fuckin' mind.

9. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

In 50 years she'll be longing for the days when her beaver looked as it does in that photo.

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

My math teacher during my junior year wrote this on my book: "If I were a dog and you were a flower, I'd life my leg and give you a shower."

A buddy of mine and I still still send those lines to each other every once in a while. That teacher was pretty cool, too. He gave my buddy and I matching 65s on our course 2 (geometry) finals, pleasing the Regents Board and our parents.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

You mean you never learned the magic healing powers of "The Price Is Right?"

I don't care if you've fucked three virgins a day every day since you graduated HS. Your life is empty. :D

12. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Reminds me of the time I was called to the principal's office when I went to that school in Maine ... so he could show me his high school yearbooks. And he showed me some of the teachers I had in school when THEY were students at that high school.

It was hilarious. Of the three times I was ever in his office, only one time was because I was in trouble.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
Draft saved Draft deleted