1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Most media-friendly NFL teams

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by mikebb13, Dec 21, 2006.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

That's because poor widdle Herm was burnt and exposed as a huge giant fraud by the New York media whose ass he spent five seasons kissing.

Wait til Whitlock gets to him!

2. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

How are the Steelers? [/fanboy looser]

Cowher, aside from a chuckle here and there, comes off as a complete douchebox.

3. shockey

shockey Active Member

hey, cut the saints some slack. there's a whole lotta media folk in new orleans..... NOT!!!

4. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Yeah, it must be tough for the Saints to deal with all three writers...

5. The Cowboys were quite helpful setting up a phone interview with a local yokel who had made the team a few year ago.

6. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

It's not.

7. The Texans are the only NFL team I've covered, but I can't imagine any team having more access.

Open locker rooms three or four times a week before and after practice. Head coach available after practice almost every day. A few weeks back, it looked like a specific player had left early after the game, so I settled for someone else. SID went to find the first player, and held him up for me.

8. I do imagine the Saints might be fielding more than a few interview requests from outside New Orleans. Just a hunch, though.

9. Registered_Muser

Registered_Muser New Member

Can't believe nobody mentioned the Chargers in the "worst" category. Arrogant and condescending even before they had a right to be.

10. doublej

doublej New Member

Ravens are very accommodating from the few times I've been down there.

11. Some of the teams that I really think do a great job are Seattle, Houston and Chicago. In my experience, the way the PR staff works is directly correlated to the way the coach is with the media. The more accommodating the coach, the better the PR staff and it trickles down to the players in the locker room as well. Oakland and the Jets are the worst I have dealt with.

For the most part, though, I'd like to see more cooperation league wide. Too many teams do the bare minimum instead of trying to help out and I am very disappointed that more and more teams are closing practices except for the minimum 30 minutes or so we are allowed to watch every day.

12. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

I think Al Davis and the Raiders are great.
    Ask any number of veteran reporters the Old Man in the Liesure Suit has threatened or pulled credentials.

Draft saved Draft deleted