1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Most intriguing matchups

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef, Mar 12, 2007.

1. Chef

Chef Active Member

Think this deserves its own.

Potentially: Oregon v. Winthrop......first team to 90

UNC v. Texas (sweet 16)

2. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Weber State vs. anyone.

the ghosts of Ruben Nembhard and Harold Arcenaeux will be there.
    ::)

3. Chef

Chef Active Member

Silas Mills..........

edit----he went to Utah State.

4. Illinois vs. Southern Illinois as a potential second-rounder.

5. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

The thread title says intriguing. Watching the Salukis win 65-49 would not be an intriguing game, in-state or not.

6. Bruce Weber vs. his old team, the Salukis (who often are ignored north of Carbondale) beating "Illinois' team," the "mid-major" making another Sweet 16 run, or being overtaken by a team many don't think should be in the tournament. Need I go on?

7. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

If you want to convince me, please continue. To me, a game needs to have a good chance to be fun to watch to be intriguing. SIU's defense would shut down Illinois and make for a boring, low scoring game that never really feels close.

8. See, you're equating intriguing with entertaining. I agree, it may not be the most entertaining to watch, but there is plenty of intrigue.

9. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Duke-VCU would have been hella intriguing last year, with K and Capel facing off for the first time.

Arkansas-USC sucked on the football field, so let's hope it doesn't translate to hardwood.

My vote is UNLV-Georgia Tech, but it all goes back to my love of 1990 music. Life sucked, but I liked the music.

Draft saved Draft deleted