1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Most Insufferable Holiday Hit.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Fenian_Bastard, Dec 19, 2006.

1. It has to be "The Christmas Shoes."
    Just when you think you can survive it, and you say to yourself, "What would make this really unbearable is a children's chorus right about now," in comes the children's chorus. Lennon's record has the same problem, but it's not as treacly.

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Feliz Navidad.

Shut this fucker down.

4. JackS

JackS Member

Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer.

End. Of. Thread.

5. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

I imagine that hell features this song on a continuous loop, with the two choruses going back and forth in perpetuity.

6. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

Mele Kalikimaka is the thing to say
    On a bright Hawaiian Christmas Day
    That's the island greeting that we send to you
    From the land where palm trees sway
    Here we know that Christmas will be green and bright
    The sun to shine by day and all the stars at night
    Mele Kalikimaka is Hawaii's way
    To say "Merry Christmas to you.

7. Duane Postum

Duane Postum Member

Strike three on this horrible piece of shit.

8. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I love that song, never gets old. "Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer," however, got old quick.

9. Montezuma's Revenge

Montezuma's Revenge Active Member

Put me on the hate Feliz Navidad side.

10. Wham's "Last Christmas."

They play it about 500 times a day here. It sucked in 1989 and it still sucks. Wish the local radio station could figure that out.

11. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

"Feliz Navidad" and the "Grandma Got Run Over" song suck, big time. I have not heard the "Christmas Shoes" song, and it sounds like I should be glad for that minor mercy.

"Jingle Bell Rock" blows. "Simply Having a Wonderful Christmas Time" by Wings: garbage. Less prolific, but more horrible than any of the aforementioned tunes is "Little St. Nick" by the Beach Boys. DIE, DIE, DIE!

Traditional but semi-secular Christmas songs that need to be forgotten: "Here Comes Santa Claus" sucks vats of dong. "The Christmas Song" is pretty horribile, except when sung by Nat King Cole, who could make almost any bad song sound good.

Not to hate on my own religion, but out of the traditional carols, I do not at all dig "Hark the Herald Angels Sing" and "Deck the Halls." They're not as anywhere close to as bad as those pop songs that have been identified in previous posts, however.

12. Baloo

Baloo Member

Christmas shoes, Feliz Navidad (he couldn't come up with more than two lines of lyrics???) and, I'm not sure what it's called, but something about an old soldier's last christmas, not really a song so much as a rasping rant that wallows in schmaltziness. Can't stand it.

Draft saved Draft deleted