1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Most idiotic parent ever

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by markvid, Apr 24, 2007.

1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

On the sidelines, it probably wouldn't be too much to ask a parent to stand with their children. Especially when the Rams are in the red zone and marching toward the end zone, where you just so happen to be. Just saying.

2. I've shot a lot of college games ... you have to keep at least one eye on the field at all times ... no matter where you are, what you're doing or if they're lining up for a field goal. A four year old lacks that capacity.

Hell, I still see four year olds getting walloped in the head walking in front of a swingset ... for the third or fourth time ... that's rolling the dice.

Letting them wander a football field is careless, even before this happened.

3. dog428

dog428 Active Member

If I was watching the same video, it seemed to me that the father was pretty damn close by. It's not like he'd dropped the kid off at the gate and went to the house.

The kid ran off. It's what kids do.

I just don't understand the need to thrust blame on the parents -- at least not to this degree. Was the dad at fault for not watching the kid? Sure. But to call him out and criticize him as a parent is way too much.

4. That's what happens when it's caught on video and displayed on a message board ...

5. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Ladies and Gentlemen, can we exercise a little perspective here, please? To be sure, there were multiple lapses in judgement here, and definitely, things could have been done better. But let me share with you this: My wife is a social worker, and the stories she comes home with are sufficient to make one's blood boil. This incident would not crack the top 100 in the "most idiotic" category.

6. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

None.

Zagoshe is crazed.

That parent deserves a major bashing.

Draft saved Draft deleted